Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WSDOT camera video
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm 
Allright, anyone out there know anything about this? I assume it's a hoax of some kind because i've not read anything about it here yet. But a friend sent this to me earlier this evening, apparently this occurred a couple days ago. The WSDOT cameras are quite poor, but even at that, this just doesn't look right. Originally I thought the wildlife bridge was a waste of money and a dumb idea, but maybe its proving to be useful! dizzy.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 11:43 pm 
"Sorry, this content isn't available right now"

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
"Sorry, this content isn't available right now"
Weird, I just re-checked it, and it worked for me. Well, supposedly some WSDOT traffic cam captured video of a bigfoot crossing the game bridge east of Snoqualmie pass. A news clip from one of the TV stations was sent to me today. Something isn't right about the whole thing, but given the weather out there, I find it hard to believe a guy in a monkey suit is walking around, so I don't know. thought I'd ask here if this is something that anyone local has heard of.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 am 
If it is posted on FB by a FB friend of yours a likely scenario is that they have the privacy settings on the video set to "friends" but not "public"

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 12:36 am 
Worked for me. Here's another link.

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 7:40 am 
I saw this too I was thinking about posting it as well wondering who's jiking.its obviously a hiker there was another picture that looked like he had a backpack. Oh it is that picture you can faintly see the outline of a small backpack like.something is hanging from the backpack as well

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 am 
They see someone hiking this time pfnyear.and automatically assume bigfoot. Not thinking anyone would be up there this time of year

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
If it is posted on FB by a FB friend of yours a likely scenario is that they have the privacy settings on the video set to "friends" but not "public"
Oh, yeah, that could be, but what she sent me was from a local (Spokane, I think?) TV station via text. Anyway, Tom's link shows two separate incidents. The one on the right seems like it would be a hiker, the one on the left is a screen capture from the video that was sent to me. Interesting to speculate on whatever is going on... Here, I found the tweet from WSDOT. WSDOT sent a crew up to take a look, who reported not seeing anyone/anything. Odd that they didn't climb up onto the game overpass to look for footprints (if they didn't). That would have sorted the mystery out quite well, I think. A few inconsistencies here: 1) I think the "hiker" in the video looks like a man's gait, but then I've never seen a 'Mr Bigfoot", so I can't actually say yes or no on this. 2) The weather being what I hear/read it is out there now, I doubt that a guy would be out in a gorilla suit in a remote area just for a prank. 3) The date/time stamp on the video says August 29, 2019 at 18:30 (6:30pm). That LOOKS like snow on the ground, but the camera being in nightvision mode sees only B&W, so that recently spread out dirt would look like that as well. Also, I don't see any tracks behind the "hiker", and it doesn't seem to sink down into the ground like he would if it was snow. However, in August, the camera would still be in daylight mode, so is the date/time stamp on the video incorrect? Probably. 4) I don't find any camera currently on the WSDOT website that shows this view, so I think this is either a prank, or mistaken identity, or both. Thoughts?

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 8:44 am 
I think it's just mistaken identity indent even think its gorilla suit. I think its just the color of the clothing that gives it that appearance in b&w

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:37 pm 
Pretty accessible spot. One should be able to stand at the camera and look down at the spot. I was pushing snow in 4WD last time across Sherman in winter. If the plow’s been through is there a place to park? Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm 
Photographers hate Bigfoot. Damn blurry cloaking device.

neek

neek
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 6:43 pm 
Saw a request on nextdoor a few days ago from someone looking for an "adult sized Bigfoot costume." Not saying it's related but clearly there is a demand for such things, for whatever reason. Don't think I'd step into one without first donning a Kevlar vest.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 pm 
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 am 
I'm thinking it's one. Ever since those guys outta Darrington released that bigfoot video in '03 it's been hard to get a hoax past the public eye. People are catching on these days! Find it real hard to believe someone out there has the nerve to release a hoax video in this social climate. Therefore I'm leanin' towards thinking good chance its conclusive evidence.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 9:20 am 
BigBrunyon wrote:
Therefore I'm leanin' towards thinking good chance its conclusive evidence.
lol.gif Too many things wrong with the video for it to be true. To start with, there is no WSDOT traffic cam in that location (and even if there was, it would be pointed at "traffic", not a game trail), then continue finding several other "mistakes". But, it was a fun prank. When the day comes that I really do see a "bigfoot", I'll share real evidence. up.gif