Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 8:48 pm 
Damian wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
As for the Slugbug, just tune him out
Well that would be a mistake. He shares tons of great info here about destinations, canoeing, gear, and most recently fitness.
Point taken....I should say to "take him with a grain of salt"...but not too much salt, since salt is bad for Slugs. Isn't the contrast amazing between Brian Curtis and Sluggo as to how they responded to Camron? One with eloquence and an attempt to educate and one with a tactless, blunt, and somewhat rude response. It seems that one would have a bit more patience especially with a new member of the site. But whatever, what do I know? Plus there is always the "Ignore Feature".

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 pm 
All these guys these days lookin' to get told 'xactly which rock to stand on!! Look here's the deal. You're either in the know or you're not. Look, if you have to ask then you're not in the know! Really not acceptable practice to be asking these questions. You just have know. You either know or you don't! Really gotta compete to reach Williams lake these days

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 am 
The idea that someone is required to share with a million internet strangers the results of their research and exploration in order to be allowed to enjoy the activity that was the object of that research and exploration is the essence of entitlement. In fact, it's even simpler than that. No one owes you anything. That said, here's some advice: When seeking information from people, ask politely without placing expectations or conditions on the answers. Use any answers given to build conversations. As for finding good fishing spots - look at maps and find the blue patches. Use any information gleaned from the tactics in the previous paragraph to help narrow the choices. Go there and wet a line. Chances are excellent that this approach will result in some fun hikes to some cool and scenic places and you will occasionally catch some nice trout. Also, WDFW has some useful information about high lakes fishing in their web pages. The Trailblazers and Hi Lakers are excellent organizations in which to meet like minded individuals.

Fishing

Fishing
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 am 
Well none of you should be fishing them you dont know a damn good thing about good sportsmanship. None of this was about getting your damn secret fishing spots. This was supposed to be a fishing conversation. Thata what fishing is about sharing information!!! If people didnt share information not one of you would ever have caught a fish do you not understand that concept. You wouldnt know what a damn fish was. It's this whole idea that everything has to be secret that is why people hate most fishermen people like you give us all a bad name you make us all look bad. How does that not make sense to you be a good person And do what you know is right. Which is be a friendly good helpful person. Someone asks question do your best do give the proper information cause thats what your supposed to do.

Fishing

Fishing
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 3:52 am 
Bedivere wrote:
The Trailblazers and Hi Lakers are excellent organizations in which to meet like minded individuals.
Theres not many people on this site that arnt mindless pieces of sh##

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 4:01 am 
I'm not a member of either, nor are either affiliated with this website, if that's any consolation to you.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 9:54 am 
Ahole wrote:
Bedivere wrote:
The Trailblazers and Hi Lakers are excellent organizations in which to meet like minded individuals.
Theres not many people on this site that arnt mindless pieces of sh##
*aren't. Theres an e in there! Look, there's a difference 'tween 'bbreviatin' and outright misspelling. You're on the wrong side of that line!!

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am 
Ahole/Camron, it isn't really clear to me what you are looking for. Especially now that you have scrubbed most of your posts. Do you have any experience fishing high lakes? High lakes in the state of Washington are defined as lakes over 2500' west of the Cascade crest and over 3500' east of the Cascade crest. But we are mostly talking about hike to and wilderness lakes around here. Are you interested in high lake fishing? Or are you more interested in walk-in low lakes like some in the Potholes area? Or? I enjoy fishing alone or with other people. Sure it can be helpful to compare notes and see what's working. But I generally don't see it as a competition and I love the puzzle of trying to figure out how to catch fish in that particular lake, on that particular day, and at that particular hour. And as much as I love to catch fish, the catching is well down the list of things I love about fishing high lakes. I love looking at maps and finding blue spots to explore. I love figuring out the best route to get to those blue spots. Then the challenge of route finding on the hike itself. Once at the lake I've got to figure out how to catch them while being distracted by the amazing scenery all around. Now if I catch a fish that is great! But if I don't catch a fish? That's great, too. I've had a fantastic time either way. I have not caught a single fish on many of my very favorite fishing days.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Fishing

Fishing
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 11:18 am 
Nobody cares.about spelling. It doesnt matter anymore especially on crappy phones.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am 
Very well said Brian. "It's not the Destination, it's the Journey". This issue has been a contentious one for quite some time, maybe even the beginning of time. A few year ago a member here guided a friend and I to a remote lake in the Mt Baker Wilderness area. He made sure that we promised to not do a TR of the hike or divulge the location, except in general terms. The lake was extremely difficult to get to with steep, rocky terrain and there are route finding challenges involved in reaching the destination. It is comparable to Helena lake as I mentioned above. I personally don't see a problem with divulging the locations of lakes such as this that imho are too difficult to reach for them to be over run due to too much information. So that brings me to my point. RESPECT and APPRECIATION for that person sharing a special place and to respect their wishes (even if I do not agree with them) of keeping the info to myself. As I said I will take close friends-hiking partners and maybe a family members to those special places while also asking them to keep the info to themselves out of RESPECT for my friend, myself, and the place itself.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 am 
Ahole wrote:
Nobody cares.about spelling. It doesnt matter anymore especially on crappy phones.
My phone's not crappy! It's a galaxy S10!! That's top of the line!

Fishing

Fishing
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 am 
I agree with Brian thata exactly how I felt about fishing I can sit there all day without a fish and just be happy I went fishing. But whatever I'm done with this thread

Fishing

Fishing
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 11:40 am 
Mine is that's why my typing is horrible wasnt talking bout yours. If this keyboard wasn't crappy and the screen would actually calibrate right I would type better I'm already going back over most of the words and correcting what the keyboard doesn't I dont get all the words. And I dont care bout the small things this isnt a job resume this isnt for work so I dont have to write nicely as long as you can understand what I'm saying. I'm more worried bout words that make no sense

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 pm 
My favorite place to fish is in a high mountain lake floating around on my Curtis raft with no other people around. Doesn't really matter which lake, as long as there are fish to keep me company. Once I was in my raft on a lake in far NE WA a large bull moose cruised the shoreline feeding, but it was just he and I....Bliss!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 4:05 pm 
Lot of cabin fever on display in this thread. Ross Lake is an extremely popular lake to fish. I'm not giving away anyone's secret by saying that. It's a big, incredibly scenic lake. You can find solitude there if you try. You can also find peak bagging inspiration, and maybe a swimming spot. You can hike around the shore, or you can rent a boat (canoe, kayak, or with motor) from the resort. There are plenty of camps scattered around the lake. Some are accessible by trail a others by water. Some boat camps don't have trail access. You need a permit to camp. These come from the Marblemount Wilderness Information Center. If you want to do this on a sunny weekend I'm summer, be in line before they open (at 6? am).