Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Kobe Bryant
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 7:35 pm 
It seems the good die young. He seemed like a really terrific human being. https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-are-kobe-bryants-wife-and-kids-he-had-4-daughters-with-vanessa/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 7:15 pm 
He was just in Cashmere two weeks ago with his daughter to watch Hailey play at the local High school ( Hailey and Kobe's daughter trained together during the summer). Sad stuff, RIP. https://www.khq.com/news/kobe-bryant-attends-cashmere-medical-lake-girl-s-basketball-game/article_d5c7c44e-3551-11ea-9970-73fff43415fe.htm

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 7:27 pm 
Yes, I think it hit home with a lot of people. Very sad. RIP.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
He was just in Casmere two weeks ago with his daughter to watch Hailey play at the local High school
Cashmere played at King's in Shoreline last weekend, a few minutes away from my house. I went to the game. Hailey dominated. That was my first chance to see her play.

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 pm 
Really hope she (and the entire team) wins State this year.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 9:39 pm 
Without Hailey the 2 teams probably would've been about evenly matched. Cashmere had another guard who hit around four 3 pointers, good shooter. Hailey was trying to involve her teammates for a while, but then she pretty much started playing 1 on 5 and King's couldn't stop her. Last chance for a State Championship for her. I think two 2nd place finishes and then lost in the semi finals last year. My oldest nephew is a Fr. at Louisville this year, where she's going to college. Maybe he'll see her around campus.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 8:18 am 
gb wrote:
He seemed like a really terrific human being.
Except for being a philanderer and rapist, sure.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 9:42 am 
You’ve been convicted of as many rapes as he has.

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 9:56 am 
gb wrote:
He seemed like a really terrific human being.
Straight from Wikipedia: "During the July 2003 interview with investigators, Bryant initially told investigators that he did not have sexual intercourse with his accuser, a 19-year-old woman who worked at the hotel where Bryant was staying. When the officers told Bryant that she had taken an exam that yielded physical evidence, such as semen, Bryant admitted to having sexual intercourse with her, but stated that the sex was consensual.[2] When asked about bruises on the accuser's neck, Bryant admitted to "strangling" her during the encounter, stating that he held her "from the back" "around her neck", that strangling during sex was his "thing" and that he had a pattern of strangling a different sex partner (not his wife) during their recurring sexual encounters. When asked how hard he was holding onto her neck, Bryant stated, "My hands are strong. I don't know." Mother Jones had this: "As a 2016 Daily Beast article about the case reported, the evidence against Bryant included a rape kit exam that documented injuries “not consistent with consensual sex,” the woman’s blood on Bryant’s shirt, a bruise on her neck, and corroborating testimony from a bellman at the hotel. In a press conference, Bryant insisted the sex was consensual and unforced, characterizing the incident as “adultery.” The woman’s name and transcripts of closed legal hearings were leaked and the national media aired details about her sexual and mental health history, which Bryant’s lawyers used to paint her as unstable, promiscuous, and hungry for fame." As I stated on the Fred Beckey page, we should be careful about judging the deceased solely on the worst thing they did. Beckey and Bryant were very accomplished, but "terrific human being" is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure I don't qualify either.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 am 
Slugman wrote:
You’ve been convicted of as many rapes as he has.
I've also been convicted of as many murders as OJ Simpson.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm 
Sculpin wrote:
... "terrific human being" is a bit of a stretch
I agree. Bemoan the tragic death of Kobe, his daughter and the rest of the people on board. Laud Kobe for his accomplishments. However, calling him a "terrific human being", as so many are right now, isn't what I would do. (I don't want to say more than what has already been said by others above.)

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 12:52 pm 
Speaking ill of the dead shows a lack of class imho. Curious as to what motivates people to do that? huh.gif People who do that should have all their wrongs mentioned at their funerals as well as their contributions and attributes. "He who is without SIN, feel free to cast the first Stone!".

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
neek

neek
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 1:20 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Curious as to what motivates people to do that?
Respect for truth, which can erode so quickly. I hope humanity will one day move beyond simple good/bad thinking. We all know we've got a little bit of both.

Washakie

Washakie
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 1:23 pm 
"You can't handle the truth".....according to Jack.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm 
Whatever. I guess I simply choose to focus upon the positive attributes of a persons life, not the negatives, especially when they are deceased. Besides, when an "Alleged" crime is committed, many times only the two people who where actually present at the time know what really happened. There are many details of a crime that the public will never know, yet they act like they know everything.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.