Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Morning Star NRCA Meeting - May 9
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed May 08, 2019 2:06 pm 
Morning Star NRCA Spring 2019 Meeting May 9, 2019; 6:00-7:30 pm Marysville Public Library 6120 Grove Street, Marysville WA Join DNR staff in a community conversation about recreation projects and activities in the Morning Star Natural Resources Conservation Area. Topics will include: • Morning Star Trails Plan implementation • Projects planned for 2019 field season • Funding requests for planned work
Quote:
Greetings, Please see the attached announcement for the upcoming Morning Star NRCA Spring 2019 Meeting. As you may know, we recently completed the Morning Star Trails Plan (find an electronic copy here: https://www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp_na_morning_star_trail_plan.pdf?w9kyzpl). Among the outcomes of the Trails Plan is our commitment to maintain and improve our connection to, and partnerships with users, conservation partners, neighbors and other stakeholders. Toward that goal, this meeting represents the first of what we intend to be regular, periodic meetings to share and discuss our activities in Morning Star. Please save the date and join us if you can. You’re receiving this email as part of a broad outreach distribution to people who we think may have an interest in staying connected to our activities in Morning Star. If you’d prefer not to receive these emails, please let me know and I’ll remove you from the list. Likewise, if you know of someone who might be interested and didn’t get this email, please put them in touch with me and I’ll add them to the list. Thanks, Paul Paul McFarland Natural Areas Manager Northwest Region Department of Natural Resources 919 North Township Street Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284 360-708-1692 paul.mcfarland@dnr.wa.gov www.dnr.wa.gov

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm 
If you're not familiar with this NRCA, it covers from Mt Pilchuck eastward to Gothic Basin, including Ashland Lakes and parts of Vesper Peak adjacent to National Forest land.

Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostWed May 08, 2019 4:37 pm 
Trail to Copper Lake please! up.gif I'm dreaming. biggrin.gif A Static Peak trail would be neat as well.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostWed May 08, 2019 5:23 pm 
Thanks for posting this info, Schroder. Will review docs and provide input in writing.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 11:48 am 
Just received from DNR:
Quote:
SEPA File No. 20-020402 SEPA LEAD AGENCY & DETERMINATION OF NONSIGNIFICANCE This is to advise you that pursuant to WAC 197-11-900 (922 through 948), the Department of Natural Resources has determined that it is Lead Agency for the following: Morning Star Campground and Trail Renovations: This project follows work prioritized and outlined in the Morning Star Trails Plan. This project involves the renovation of one mile of existing backcountry hiking trail, renovation of six existing backcountry campsites, and new construction of three small pedestrian bridges along the Walt Baily Trail and Cutthroat Lakes Campground. By renovating the failed portions of this existing trail system, adding needed bridges, and formalizing backcountry campsites with built-in amenities, this project will satisfy an existing need and provide for relief to other trails in the immediate vicinity. This project will concentrate public use to designated facilities and abandon other facilities that are extremely overused. Ultimately, this project will lessen the environmental impact to the whole region. Site disturbance will consist of minor excavations for bridge footings and minor cuts for trail regrading for bridge approaches. Located in Sections 15, 16, Township 29 North, Range 09 East, W.M., Snohomish County. Information about this proposal including the Threshold Determination and SEPA Checklist can be accessed through DNR’s website at: http://www.dnr.wa.gov/state-environmental-policy-act-sepa Pursuant to WAC 332-41-504, this proposal was filed in the department’s SEPA Center at the Natural Resources Building, 1111 Washington Street SE, P.O. Box 47015, Olympia, Washington, on February 4, 2020. We will consider comments on this proposed DNS received by 4:30 p.m. on February 18, 2020. Comments should be submitted to the SEPA Center at, sepacenter@dnr.wa.gov or P.O. Box 47015, Olympia, Washington 98504-7015 for distribution to the responsible official. Please include the file number listed above on all comments.

Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 5:13 pm 
Nice that they're working on the trail but I really wish the Forest Service would fix up that road/Boardman/Pinnacle roads. I went to Cutthroat last year for the first time in four years and was surprised at how much the road deteriorated.
Glad I have a small car!
Glad I have a small car!