Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you watching on Youtube?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
day_hike_mike

day_hike_mike
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm 
Ski wrote:
Svetlana is always best viewed full screen and at full volume...
That's a good one! I been going through a couple Messer Chups YouTube's/day and somehow haven't managed to find that one yet. They just announced their first US booking for this year on Facebook, August 8th in Southern California at the Surf Guitar 101 Convention 2020. I'm sure there'll be more closer to home. I keep watching!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 5:47 pm 

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 6:19 pm 
day_hike_mike wrote:
That's a good one! I been going through a couple Messer Chups YouTube's/day and somehow haven't managed to find that one yet. They just announced their first US booking for this year on Facebook, August 8th in Southern California at the Surf Guitar 101 Convention 2020. I'm sure there'll be more closer to home. I keep watching!
We just found that on the web, but thus far they haven't chosen a venue. I'm guessing somewhere like Santa Cruz. Probably too far to drive for a one-night gig. Crossing my fingers and hoping their agent booked them somewhere farther north. They were in Portland at Dante's October 23rd:
No idea who's making their videos for their "backdrop", but the guy certainly has good taste in 1950s and early 1960s "B" horror sci-fi stuff. I think that screaming sequence by Beverly Garland from "Alligator People" is arguably one of the best horror screams in cinema history. And how can you not appreciate the highlights from "Horror of Spider Island"? (* Note "The Destroyers" painted on the face of the kick drum. Gitarkin and Zombierella are also (sometimes) part of other crews, notably "Bonecollectors". Seems like they rotate drummers, all of whom have been right on top of it. *) up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 6:23 pm 

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostTue Feb 04, 2020 9:57 pm 
Now for something a little different!

don't believe everything you think
day_hike_mike

day_hike_mike
PostWed Feb 05, 2020 12:25 pm 
Ski wrote:
We just found that on the web, but thus far they haven't chosen a venue. I'm guessing somewhere like Santa Cruz. Probably too far to drive for a one-night gig. Crossing my fingers and hoping their agent booked them somewhere farther north. They were in Portland at Dante's October 23rd:
I found last years tour flyer deeper on their Facebook page. Looks like they usually do a big US tour in October. Makes sense, do the surf stuff in summer and then roll into the Halloween vibe in December. They played El Corazon downtown last year. I can see my future will have an October trip downtown or to Portland. smile.gif
Seen the Dante's vid. My favorite concert footage of them is the Festival Yeah vid as it was shot better than just some person with an iPhone in the crowd. Full set with multiple cameras and good sound. Though they never seem to get her voice mixed right. I get it though, most of their sound is instrumental.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Feb 05, 2020 1:47 pm 
Don't know how I missed that one! Excellent audio. up.gif I think you're right - they may well be up here in the fall. Looking forward to it. I think that Danelectro suits her better than the blue Precision bass. Just my lousy opinion.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Feb 05, 2020 3:08 pm 

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 3:01 am 
No idea why, but I felt I just had to have a little Richard Widmark this morning. Widmark started his career in Hollywood as a bad guy, and he was really really good at it. So good, in fact, he makes Karl Malden in "One Eyed Jacks" look like Santa Claus. Here he is in his debut performance, showing us just how truly evil he could be: * WARNING! MORE SENSITIVE VIEWERS SHOULD NOT WATCH THIS CLIP! WE DON'T WANT ANYBODY'S SENSITIVITIES TO BE OFFENDED!
Ooooo that just sends shivers up my spine! It's the stuff nightmares are made of! Now I could have gone for some real cornball stuff, like that complete waste of Sidney Poitier's talent in "The Long Ships" (a complete fiasco filmed in Yugoslavia, of all places, even though on any other day I'd watch a dogfight if Frank Thring were in it), but I chose to go with something offering a wider variety of talent. Here's Widmark with Henry Fonda, Anthony Quinn, Dorothy Malone, DeForest Kelly, Frank Gorshin, Vaughn Taylor, and an uncredited Gary Lockwood in the 1959 box office flop "Warlock":

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 am 
HaHaHa! Bet you were thinkin' that was it, huh? Sorry.... there's just no such thing as too much Zombierella! Here they are, LIVE at Zoccolo in St. Petersburg - November 3, 2011
Enjoy the SHOW!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 10:47 pm 
* Friday Night at the Spaghetti Westerns! * * * YeeHaw! * * Tonight's feature: Il Mercenario (The Mercenary) - 1968 Franco Nero - Tony Musante - Jack Palance - Giovanni Ralli Produced by Aldo Grimaldi - Directed by Sergio Corbucci Soundtrack by Ennio Morricone and Bruno Nicolai Nero and Palance both in fine form in this "Zapata" farce set in the midst of the Mexican Revolution.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSun Feb 09, 2020 5:26 pm 

don't believe everything you think
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck