Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Troll Poll: Is catsp a troll?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catsp

catsp
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 4:53 pm 
20 "yes" responses automatically generates a lifetime ban.* [*Sanctions are authorized under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918]

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 5:50 pm 
From what I can tell a troll is anyone who posts anything failing to agree with a narrow range of viewpoints accepted as gospel. It's sort of like claiming someone else 'divides' people, when the fact is that division is the choice of the person feeling 'divided' on the basis of beliefs they chose in the first place.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 5:54 pm 
Do you live in Fremont? Do you have a VW Bug?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 6:00 pm 
I scanned through a few of your recent posts, and while I found them to be boring, humorless, and very "long winded", but I did not find them to be "Trollish". Tidbit...I read once that if it takes more than 12 sentences to convey your POV, then you don't understand it yourself. I tend to agree with that in most cases.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 6:35 pm 
Zero TRs , Mostly Stewardship posts. It's a bit of an indicator.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 7:20 pm 
you did not list my option.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 7:22 pm 
Sorry to have hurt your feelers, I will keep my eyes open for some humorous posts from you in the future. rotf.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 10:13 pm 
Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm 
You say catsp, I say ketchp.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 10:17 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
You mean something like this?
catsp wrote:
I'll take "Things the President Might Say" for $200, Alex."
down.gif

neek

neek
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 6:51 am 
On some level I can't believe what I'm reading from others whose posts I generally take great delight in, yet on another, of course that's how things work these days: you skim something, completely miss the nuance/irony/wit/passion being creatively expressed, and assign the worst possible interpretation to not just the words but the person behind them. I've found catsp to be one of the most wide-minded and articulate contributors here in his/her/their/its short (so far) time with us, despite the lack of self-congratulatory TRs. I was avoiding the thread that led to this one but read through it to see if I was missing something and good grief can't believe someone is being skewered for carefully presenting a well-researched opinion, especially one advertised very clearly as just an opinion, with respect and understanding given to other opinions. But like every similar case, it can be seen as a learning experience, and provides some insight e.g. into how some of my own commentary has been received. Also, while the poke at internet polls (and trolls!) and overbroad laws is clear at the start of this thread, it's refreshing to see what I believe to be a genuine quest for self-improvement. Seeking honest critical feedback from a group of anonymous strangers takes serious courage.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 am 
neek; twelve, right on the nose....

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 10:58 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
neek; twelve, right on the nose....
Yep, he gets it.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 11:38 am 
The best part of this is watching the divination of someone else's intent.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers