Forum Index > Trail Talk > Sleeping Bags
Previous :: Next Topic  
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome

Forest nut...
PostThu Feb 06, 2020 6:51 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
did you see deerkillah"s quilt in action...it's actually more of  a bag?...it tucks in....
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
capbiker

capbiker

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 am 
Love my Feathered Friends Flicker quilt!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
80skeys

80skeys

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 3:46 pm 
General **** wrote:
Does anyone know of a lightweight sleeping bag that has room for my feet to be spread apart while sleeping.

For going on 15 years I've been using the same Northface 0 sleeping bag (I'm pretty it's the Snowshoe 0 but I'd have to double check) and it's been great for all my needs. I don't sleep in super cold temps - down to 17F has been the lowest for me.

It's light, durable, and very compressible. It's thick enough to be warm in those temps but it's also valid for summer, I just sleep on top of it or unzip it for warmer months.

Although it's rated to 0, that time I was in 17F overnight was the lowest I felt I could tolerate it without adding a liner or something.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 5:04 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
did you see deerkillah"s quilt in action...it's actually more of  a bag?...it tucks in....

No, I don't go into his tent with him...but I will check it out a bit better.

It's hard for me to justify spending the $ when I don't backpack all that often.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 5:38 pm 
One of the worst videos ever, but a cool song.

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 6:57 pm 
Even a poor, retired guy like me can justify purchasing this one. https://enlightenedequipment.com/hoodlum-stock/?fbclid=IwAR0UeHo1HW8BF1uR2vcIEGgIVAaK301HdZiT9WTzk3-nt3VmxXVxjCgnOq

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 9:57 pm 
80skeys wrote:
Although it's rated to 0, that time I was in 17F overnight was the lowest I felt I could tolerate it without adding a liner or something.

I pretty much always sleep in a liner.  Only exception is on the hottest nights when I'm uncomfortably warm, which is rare.  It weighs a few ounces, adds a bit of warmth, but the really important thing is it keeps my quilt a little cleaner.  Washing down is a chore.
80skeys

80skeys

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 5:46 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
80skeys wrote:

I pretty much always sleep in a liner.  Only exception is on the hottest nights when I'm uncomfortably warm, which is rare.  It weighs a few ounces, adds a bit of warmth, but the really important thing is it keeps my quilt a little cleaner.  Washing down is a chore.

You mean the liner keeps your sleeping bag cleaner?
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostSun Feb 09, 2020 7:07 pm 
Yeah, the sacrificial bag liner keeps the bag a little cleaner.  🙂
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Sleeping Bags
Jump to:   
Search this topic: