Forum Index > Trail Talk > Opportunity in Alaska for the Summer
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Shmo

Shmo
PostMon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 pm 
Hi, guys! I'm new to this forum, and though I technically live in the northwest, I'm a little far (Alaska). I was talking to Ski today and mentioned that I was looking for some help this summer, and he said that it might be a good opportunity for someone here. I live in Ninilchik, on the Kenai Peninsula, about 4 hours from Anchorage and one hour from Homer. There's plenty of exploring to be done right around my property (both hiking and backpacking), where you're not likely to run into any people at all. If you want to see some mountains and glaciers and backpack on or around them, there are all levels of difficulty within pretty easy reach, from flat and short hikes appropriate for children to glaciated volcanoes that might give some pause the most experienced climbers in the world -- and everything in between. What I need is hosts -- people who can live on my property for free (including free utilities and laundry) and take over for me at times we schedule, checking in guests, taking reservations, making sure the bathrooms are clean and the property is presentable. It shouldn't be a ton of work a lot of the time, and I'll try to cooperate with your plans. Need a day to go to town? Just let me know a bit in advance. Need two weeks off to backpack? We should easily be able to arrange that. There will be others already there doing the same thing, and I should often be around to take over myself, so hours would be very flexible. It's a great way to explore Alaska without paying for a place to stay. Just one catch -- you need bring your own RV or trailer to live in. I can hook it up to water, power and sewer (and, as I mentioned above, give you free access to my laundromat, etc), but I don't have the actual vehicle. I haven't posted my contact info or website because I don't know what the spam guidelines are on this forum, so if someone comments that it's OK here (or if I look into it when I'm in less of a hurry and find that it's OK), I'll post them in the comments. In the meantime, I just want to say this looks like a great forum, and I'll definitely be checking it out now , especially when I have PNW trips planned!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Feb 10, 2020 1:12 pm 
Okay! Welcome to the site, Shmo! up.gif I know there's somebody here who wants this gig. They can contact you via P'/M (Private Message) or via email (provided you've allowed that option to be used and provided a good email addy.) Like i said.... 45 years ago I would have jumped on this deal. I'm just too damn old! Cheers~! wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
iron

iron
PostMon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm 
looks like a pretty sweet opportunity!