Forum Index > Trail Talk > Seeking Recommendations For 2 Night Trip in March/April
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mbarto
mbarto

mbarto
mbarto
PostMon Feb 10, 2020 10:02 am 
My girlfriend is relatively new to backpacking and is very interested in doing a 3-day trek. A loop hike would be best, but we'd settle for an out-and-back if the endpoint is worthwhile. Obviously I want to make it as pleasant of an experience as possible, so we'd like to avoid snow and any extreme elevation changes. We're both in very good physical shape, so a moderate hike would be no problem for us. We backpacked at Havasu Falls in October, for reference. My list currently consists of: Lower South Fork Skokomish River (mild climate, low elevation change, but no real end-point destination) Lower Big Quilcene River (similar to LSFSR) Baker Lake (don't really see a way to make this a 3-day trip) Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
contour5

contour5
PostMon Feb 10, 2020 8:49 pm 
March and April can be a fine time to visit the coastal strip of ONP if you can get the weather to co-operate. Check out Cape Alava to Shi Shi, Sand Point to Cedar Creek or Toleak to Goodman Creek

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Feb 11, 2020 1:45 pm 
mbarto...you can make Baker Lake a three day trip if you have two cars. Park one at the east bank trail head just north of the dam. Park the other at the trail head for Baker River. Walk the east bank and break your trip at the campground(s) in the middle. I like Noisy Creek camp. If you go there, be sure and hike up Noisy creek to see 'Big Doug' which is a mammoth doug fir up there. Well worth the side trip. I also like Contours suggestions on the coast. You might consider doing the loop at Cape Alava. One night in to the Cape and then a three mile hike down the beach to the other trail inland. Take a tide table! Have a great time wherever you wind up going.... cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
blendergasket

blendergasket
PostSat Feb 15, 2020 2:54 pm 
East Fork Quinault to the Enchanted Valley can be done in 3 days. It's a great trail. Not sure the state of it after the storms though.

"He who would understand the Book of Nature must walk its pages with his feet" ~Paracelsus