Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > France to limit access to Mont Blanc to protect biodiversity
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostThu Feb 13, 2020 1:12 pm 
Off trail rambler
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
WaState

WaState
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 2:22 pm 
Why isn't this post put into land stewardship forum????

WaState

WaState
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 2:37 pm 
As counter opinion, a shutdown so this is being done to protect biodiversity? Well, in reality they are going restrict usage, if you book a guide service , pay the big bucks your in, otherwise your are out, this is what I suspect. The mountain is a pile of loose rock and ice and snow. As for the glacier ice most likely it is going to come back but if not , under all that melting ice and snow is more rock, sand, rubble, not biodiversity. To me this is more distraction, more corporate enviromentalism.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 2:54 pm 
The article clearly states they want to cut down on crazy stunts, garbage being dumped, and summit attempts by people who are not qualified to try it. I wonder if any other person sees “corporate environmentalism” in the government of a foreign country not wanting people carrying rowing machines up mountains as a stunt then dumping them as garbage on the way back down.

WaState

WaState
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 pm 
Clearly they want to restrict usage, they want to cut the numbers down. This is what I read. To protect biodiversity???, sounds like a corporate enviromentalism ploy to me?? What is needed is a garbage pick up team and some potties put up there. Or restrict usage only to people paying big bucks for guide services, so they can get on the mountain. There can be other solutions rather than trapping the masses in the cites.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 3:36 pm 
Candidly, I am a bit surprised that it took them this long to do it. Perhaps the Nepalese will take notice and start requiring climbers to bring their trash back down the hill with them too.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
WaState

WaState
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 4:08 pm 
I have the solution they may would like to use. Restrict climbers to about 5k a year all required to pay for a guide service. My actual preferred solution is to hire garbage collection teams and put up potties were needed. that simple, no BS about biodiversity needed. To me the first thing they think of is restricting access, this is a corporate enviromentalism sort of response. As carrying for stuff back down , most climbers do this already.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 6:01 pm 
WaState wrote:
There can be other solutions rather than trapping the masses in the cites.
It's too bad there are no other mountains for people to climb.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 8:55 pm 
15 people died there last year. Hardly a place for the masses. And it is not shut down, but simply limited to just over 200 people per day.

Bosterson

Bosterson
PostSun Feb 16, 2020 9:10 pm 
Ski wrote:
Perhaps the Nepalese will take notice and start requiring climbers to bring their trash back down the hill with them too.
I thought they did? But then I googled it:
Quote:
One former rule established to reduce waste stated that each climber should carry down roughly 18 pounds of garbage. But climbers largely ignore that rule due to ineffective enforcement, the report noted.
https://gearjunkie.com/mount-everest-nepal-plastic-ban

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
WaState

WaState
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 7:10 am 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/13/4m-unauthorised-immigrants-in-europe-in-2017-study In 2017 up to 4.8 million illegal immigrants in Europe. This on top of legal immigrants. If Europeans allow this and allow the con job of being restricted off hiking and mountain areas because overpopulation overuse. Well, they deserve being stuck in their slum cities. Only the richer for sure allowed on Mont blanc. Remember, for those not on the payroll. The elites and their lackeys are sociopaths, they are always lying and conning, never ending, they never stop until the last breath of life. You know they are Conning always, just sometimes do not know exactly what the lie or manlipitation is at the moment.

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 am 
WaState wrote:
their slum cities
You should check out Europe some day. But beware, your home town may not seem so nice when you get back! wink.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 10:45 am 
Do we get a lackey if we wake up one day as an "elite"?

don't believe everything you think
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 1:19 pm 
Let's stay topic and respect the forum rules. Plenty of other online forums to post rhetoric and generic politics.

WaState

WaState
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 8:50 am 
Ever see the movie series hunger games? May want watch it and pay attention. That woman knows history and is perceptive of a very likely future situation in land use, for a period of time(until a change of government design or human population total collapse or extreem third world chaos). Already divide and rule with other factors has shut the public out of most of the land. The system is not finished.