Forum Index > Partners > Looking for partners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ThinAir

ThinAir
PostSat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 am 
I will finally have a chance to get out more this year. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of people that go backpacking or on lengthy hikes, so I'm hoping to meet more people. I am located in south King County and would like to start meeting with people ASAP to get to know each other before setting out. Let me know if you're interested.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 am 
Sent you a PM.

rilrils

rilrils
PostTue Feb 25, 2020 5:11 pm 
Hey guys. I am in the Olympia area. Looking to meet other people interested in doing some backpacking and hiking this year.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Feb 29, 2020 8:22 am 
were trying for the coast if we get few nice days like this past few... just car camp at lake ozette first night...then 2-3 nights on the coast toward the river... thinking about some easy overnighters also....I'm slow and old (school)...will take my own car so if peeps wanna just do a shorter trip thats cool.... hope to find a few great fellow hikers who can actually take 3-5 days off! dizzy.gif I'm also putting together a winds trip possibly around july 16- up to 6 people?... leave on a wed.night ...car camp montana around midnight...then 2 nights camping,acclimatizing in pinedale wyoming...hike sat to sat? Free flyfishing lessons included!! hockeygrin.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 03, 2020 10:20 am 
Id love to hit you up on the winds trip "G"nomey. If I find myself in shape I might just hit you up on that.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
timberghost

timberghost
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 6:42 am 
that's a VERY big "IF" winksmile.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 8:54 am 
timberghost wrote:
that's a VERY big "IF" winksmile.gif
Everybody's a wise guy. I hike 40-60 times a year bubba. That doesn't mean Id tackle the Winds if I didnt think I was in good enough shape.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dezmond

Dezmond
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 10:01 pm 
Hello everybody! I'm new here, and I looking for a partner or group for hiking or backpacking.

Neet

Neet
PostTue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm 
I just got furloughed and plan to hike a lot again. I was happy to find yesterday (Moolok) that I haven't utterly deteriorated while working too many hours. So, I'm looking for compatible hiking buddies and thought it would be easier to connect appropriately if I post a little about myself. I'm hoping for more seasoned mountaineers who are slowing down a little, or super athletes who go slower on recovery days, or people like me who, while not necessarily speed demons or highly skilled technically, like rough-and tumble adventure, are in fairly decent shape, come prepared, and have wilderness ethics. I usually like to push myself rather than stroll. My favorite person to hike with is Neek on here, who luckily is my son, so I get Mother's Day and birthday guided hikes. I'm in Puyallup/Tacoma but happy to travel. I'm careful about social distancing but could consider safe ways to carpool (masks, hand sanitizer, ...). I hike with two trained Belgian malinois who are good on trail other than that one is afraid in talus/boulder fields. They go off leash except near roads, people, or vulnerable plants or wildlife. I love to do rough things and explore off trail. However, I can't offer navigation skills (yet), so my partner would need to have them if we explore. I am very persistent and don't mind mud, wet feet, bushwhacking, getting scratched up. I can't, however, do snowfields or other slopes where if you slip you die, although I will work on getting more confidence on easier snow. I'm also up for shorter conditioning hikes and even happy with logging road walks. I should be okay now with ~4000 feet gain with decent footing, and probably more fairly soon. Slow coming down if very rocky. I have a Subaru Outback 2006 that's well maintained. It's beat up on the outside so I don't mind taking it where it might get scratched. PM me if interested ...