Forum Index > Trail Talk > Summit Lake and Carbon River access
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 28, 2020 4:47 pm 
I'm not going to be reporting you to Sarah. wink.gif I do wonder about their capacity to effect remedy. I zoomed in on the area with Google Earth "3D" view, and cruised around that hillside using the mouse, Unless they can secure egress through privately-owned land, they may have a real problem up there with access. Add slope gradients to the equation, and it's quite possible that cutting a bypass route around the slide area may pose some serious engineering challenges. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HikerJohn

HikerJohn
PostSat Feb 29, 2020 12:38 pm 
Flat, we'll be reporting you to the squirrel police LOL! Seriously, I suspect they may have to place a bridge over that gully-- I'm with Ski, I just don't see enough territory above that to relocate the road, and the steepness indicates they can't cut into the hillside more to make a new roadbed. If the solution is a bridge, that will be a longer and more expensive process... On the other hand, it could give Summit a breather from the overcrowding of the past few years... it's been pretty abused, so perhaps a year off would help it regenerate a bit. The bad news is that I was supposed to haul a new toilet in there this year, so I suspect that just got a LOT harder... Sigh... Cheers!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Feb 29, 2020 7:36 pm 
flatsqwerl wrote:
Thanks Ski...now I'm in trouble.
Thanks for checking it out for us and bringing pictures back. 🙂