Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Range Riding
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 6:04 am 
Dang, the police have to write WAY to much. While I haven't seen an wolves, I can tell you the general consensus around here is to gut shoot them so they wonder off and die somewhere else! Generally speaking, nobody in Eastern Washington wanted them planted here. How about we drop and pack on the Microsoft campus and see how they like that....... They could have polled Eastern Washington to get an idea how people felt before doing this.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
They could have polled Eastern Washington to get an idea how people felt before doing this.
huh.gif Per the WDWF: "There have been no federal or state actions to reintroduce wolves into Washington. Wolves dispersed into eastern Washington and the North Cascades on their own from adjacent populations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and British Columbia." It is true, the wolves neglected to poll the citizens of Eastern Washington. clown.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 9:13 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Generally speaking, nobody in Eastern Washington wanted them planted here.
Planted -- that's quite a claim -- do you have an evidence that the WDFW or any other government agency transported wolves from elsewhere ?

NWtrax

NWtrax
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 am 
there is already a wolves thread

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 4:02 pm 
altasnob wrote:
Police reports for this story are here.
Spokesman-Review story of Jan 26 2020 HERE
Ski, on January 30, in this thread, in response to the above-cited Spokesman-Review article wrote:
So? I see a lot of allegation. I do not see any established fact or evidence presented in a court of law. I see an independent, "not for profit" environmental activist group attempting to manipulate public policy. Nobody elected any of these people. They are not on the WDFW or USFWS payroll. I see a thinly veiled attempt to create yet another smear campaign against Diamond M, with no facts being presented as evidence. Is Bachman suggesting that Len McIrvin may be complicit in some sort of nefarious conspiracy here? I see a great big nothing other than a lot of smoke. I am not seeing any fire. Let me know when somebody turns up some facts.
WDFW Incident Report Form HERE I just spent the last few hours reading the entire text of the incident report form. Thanks very much for digging this up, altasnob. It seems pretty clear from the content of the report that the two individuals who were put in charge of this "range riding" crew were responsible for defrauding not only The State of Washington, and WDFW, but also their own children and those they had "hired" as sub-contractors. There is nothing in the report that indicates that Len McIrvin or Diamond M Ranch were in any way complicit in this fraud. Nothing. Zip. Nada. This is not about "evil wealthy ranchers" at all, but rather about a man who had already (according to the statement from his step-daughter) been discharged from the U.S. Military for the same sort of fraudulent activity. For me, the message that comes out of this is that WDFW needs to revise their regulations concerning who is eligible for a position as a "Range Rider", do more thorough background checks on applicants, and prohibit the nepotism which is clearly at the very heart of this incident. I stand by my previous statement 100%. Bachman's statements were out of line and were not based in fact at all.
Ski, on Jan 26, 2020, in this thread wrote:
Let me know when somebody turns up some facts
If the statements in the report cited above can be taken at face value - and there is no reason why they should not be - then the guilty parties are Arron and Jolene Scotten, and possibly one or more of their children. The ongoing attempts at a smear campaign against McIrvin and Diamond M are inexcusable and without merit.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 6:33 pm 
Another looney post by BPJ. Pretty crazy to have bloodthirsty hate for a wild animal. Gut shot? That’s perverted. And evidence? Hahaha, he doesn’t need evidence for any of his crazy claims, such as that California will soon be depopulated. crazy.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 6:09 am 
Slugman wrote:
Another looney post by BPJ. Pretty crazy to have bloodthirsty hate for a wild animal. Gut shot? That’s perverted. And evidence? Hahaha, he doesn’t need evidence for any of his crazy claims, such as that California will soon be depopulated. crazy.gif
You've always been a good one at calling names Sluggo. Evidence, no not really. Simply speaking Ive never spoken to anyone over here who, when the conversation ensues wants anything to do with wolf reintroduction. Maybe wolves weren't planted into Washington, but they WERE reintroduced and those responsible knew where they would end up. Nothing about this politically correct act has been positive. Not to the native deer elk buffalo population, nor to the cattle population. It wasnt necessary!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 8:36 am 
fencing.gif Ski vs. Ski: On January 30: "I see a thinly veiled attempt to create yet another smear campaign against Diamond M, with no facts being presented as evidence. Is Bachman suggesting that Len McIrvin may be complicit in some sort of nefarious conspiracy here?" On March 4: "The ongoing attempts at a smear campaign against McIrvin and Diamond M are inexcusable and without merit." Yes, you really did call your own straw man "inexcusable." shakehead.gif BPJ wrote: "Maybe wolves weren't planted into Washington, but they WERE reintroduced and those responsible knew where they would end up." horsey.gif liar.gif twirl.gif Hoo boy this thread is bumping on the bottom now! dizzy.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir