Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Range Riding
Previous :: Next Topic  
Author Message
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob



Joined: 16 Dec 2001
Posts: 23594 | TRs
Location: Cle Elum
Backpacker Joe
  Top

NWH Joe-Bob
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 6:04 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Dang, the police have to write WAY to much.  While I haven't seen an wolves, I can tell you the general consensus around here is to gut shoot them so they wonder off and die somewhere else!
Generally speaking, nobody in Eastern Washington wanted them planted here.  How about we drop and pack on the Microsoft campus and see how they like that.......  They could have polled Eastern Washington to get an idea how people felt before doing this.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

— Abraham Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sculpin
Member
Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2015
Posts: 666 | TRs

Sculpin
  Top

Member
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe wrote:
They could have polled Eastern Washington to get an idea how people felt before doing this.

huh.gif

Per the WDWF:

"There have been no federal or state actions to reintroduce wolves into Washington. Wolves dispersed into eastern Washington and the North Cascades on their own from adjacent populations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and British Columbia."

It is true, the wolves neglected to poll the citizens of Eastern Washington.   clown.gif

--------------
Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 7304 | TRs
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
  Top

Snarky Member
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 9:13 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Generally speaking, nobody in Eastern Washington wanted them planted here. 

Planted -- that's quite a claim -- do you have an evidence that the WDFW or any other government agency transported wolves from elsewhere ?
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
NWtrax
Member
Member


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 604 | TRs

NWtrax
  Top

Member
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
there is already a wolves thread
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>



Joined: 28 May 2005
Posts: 11037 | TRs
Location: tacoma
Ski
  Top

><((((°>
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 4:02 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
altasnob wrote:
Police reports for this story are here.

Spokesman-Review story of Jan 26 2020 HERE

Ski, on January 30, in this thread, in response to the above-cited Spokesman-Review article wrote:
So?
I see a lot of allegation. I do not see any established fact or evidence presented in a court of law.
I see an independent, "not for profit" environmental activist group attempting to manipulate public policy. Nobody elected any of these people. They are not on the WDFW or USFWS payroll.
I see a thinly veiled attempt to create yet another smear campaign against Diamond M, with no facts being presented as evidence. Is Bachman suggesting that Len McIrvin  may be complicit in some sort of nefarious conspiracy here?
I see a great big nothing other than a lot of smoke. I am not seeing any fire.
Let me know when somebody turns up some facts.

WDFW Incident Report Form HERE

I just spent the last few hours reading the entire text of the incident report form.
Thanks very much for digging this up, altasnob.
It seems pretty clear from the content of the report that the two individuals who were put in charge of this "range riding" crew were responsible for defrauding not only The State of Washington, and WDFW, but also their own children and those they had "hired" as sub-contractors.

There is nothing in the report that indicates that Len McIrvin or Diamond M Ranch were in any way complicit in this fraud. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

This is not about "evil wealthy ranchers" at all, but rather about a man who had already (according to the statement from his step-daughter) been discharged from the U.S. Military for the same sort of fraudulent activity.

For me, the message that comes out of this is that WDFW needs to revise their regulations concerning who is eligible for a position as a "Range Rider", do more thorough background checks on applicants, and prohibit the nepotism which is clearly at the very heart of this incident.

I stand by my previous statement 100%. Bachman's statements were out of line and were not based in fact at all.

Ski, on Jan 26, 2020, in this thread wrote:
Let me know when somebody turns up some facts

If the statements in the report cited above can be taken at face value - and there is no reason why they should not be - then the guilty parties are Arron and Jolene Scotten, and possibly one or more of their children.

The ongoing attempts at a smear campaign against McIrvin and Diamond M are inexcusable and without merit.

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!



Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Posts: 16349 | TRs

Slugman
  Top

It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 6:33 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Another looney post by BPJ. Pretty crazy to have bloodthirsty hate for a wild animal. Gut shot? That’s perverted.
And evidence? Hahaha, he doesn’t need evidence for any of his crazy claims, such as that California will soon be depopulated.  crazy.gif

--------------
“The jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mind”  Slugman, January 24th 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob



Joined: 16 Dec 2001
Posts: 23594 | TRs
Location: Cle Elum
Backpacker Joe
  Top

NWH Joe-Bob
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 6:09 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman wrote:
Another looney post by BPJ. Pretty crazy to have bloodthirsty hate for a wild animal. Gut shot? That’s perverted.
And evidence? Hahaha, he doesn’t need evidence for any of his crazy claims, such as that California will soon be depopulated.  crazy.gif

You've always been a good one at calling names Sluggo. Evidence, no not really.  Simply speaking Ive never spoken to anyone over here who, when the conversation ensues wants anything to do with wolf reintroduction.  Maybe wolves weren't planted into Washington, but they WERE reintroduced and those responsible knew where they would end up.  Nothing about this politically correct act has been positive.  Not to the native deer elk buffalo population, nor to the cattle population.  It wasnt necessary!

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

— Abraham Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sculpin
Member
Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2015
Posts: 666 | TRs

Sculpin
  Top

Member
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 8:36 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
fencing.gif

Ski vs. Ski:

On January 30:  "I see a thinly veiled attempt to create yet another smear campaign against Diamond M, with no facts being presented as evidence. Is Bachman suggesting that Len McIrvin  may be complicit in some sort of nefarious conspiracy here?"

On March 4:  "The ongoing attempts at a smear campaign against McIrvin and Diamond M are inexcusable and without merit."

Yes, you really did call your own straw man "inexcusable."   shakehead.gif

BPJ wrote:

"Maybe wolves weren't planted into Washington, but they WERE reintroduced and those responsible knew where they would end up."

horsey.gif  liar.gif  twirl.gif

Hoo boy this thread is bumping on the bottom now!   dizzy.gif

--------------
Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Range Riding
  Happy Birthday taildragger, aywolfpac, wbegasse!
Jump to:   
Search this topic:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
   Use Disclaimer Powered by phpBB Privacy Policy