Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Pet divider
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 pm 
I travel back and forth from Idaho and I really hate putting my cats in a kennel (they don't like it much either) battlecage.gif Plus my offspring have little dogs and it's very annoying when they go back and forth from front to back while I'm driving. curse.gif So, I know there are a lot of pet owners so I thought I would seek recommendations here. This one from Chewy looks pretty good and I need to order some food from them as well, so the shipping will be free, but it does have very mixed reviews. https://bit.ly/2V0F9AE I have a 2003 Suburban, I haven't checked the dimensions of this particular one to see if it will be large enough but I will tomorrow.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 pm 
I see some for $300+ no way I want to spend that much, under $100 I would be ok with.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:45 pm 
The vet can give you something to help calm them a bit. I medicate mine for the 4th of July.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 12:41 pm 
I have this and love it because I can lay my back seats down without having to dismantle poles. Looks like someone is selling a used one in very good condition for $37, which is a great deal - get it before someone else does.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 pm 
From the looks of it I don't think that will keep my cat in the back, he is skinny and slippery.

Waterman

Waterman
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:55 pm 
Great for dogs http://www.zookeeperusa.com Under $100

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 5:48 pm 
The width of my rig is about 64" inside width, I am thinking that a mesh net of some type would work since it's mainly for cats and sometimes small dogs.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 6:03 pm 
Since you are trying to corral smaller critters, what about plastic fencing attached via some kind of hooks to the upper corners of space you want to block off?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 6:11 pm 
Well, I want to able to see through it, I could just use the side mirrors, but would rather have more visibility, especially since it's a large SUV.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 6:48 pm 
Plastic fencing comes in various mesh sizes.

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 8:10 pm 
Cats really don't mind being left alone for up to a week or so - ours seem to like it. We give them food, water, toys and a clean litter box and they are no worse for the wear when we get back. A little fatter maybe, but I don't think they miss us much.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 18, 2020 8:57 pm 
Ya, before I retired we would leave them to themselves for a week or so...but now I stay in Idaho from 2-4 months at a time.
Joey wrote:
Plastic fencing comes in various mesh sizes.
Ok, thanks for the clarification, didn't think about mesh fencing, that should work and be inexpensive as well.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am 
The negative reviews on the first one you linked to seem to all be related to installation. So find one in the $35 to $50 range and just be sure you have free/easy returns. Whenever I see the thread title pet divider I imagine King Solomon settling pet custody in a divorce. embarassedlaugh.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Mar 07, 2020 3:58 pm 
Slugman wrote:
The negative reviews on the first one you linked to seem to all be related to installation. So find one in the $35 to $50 range and just be sure you have free/easy returns. Whenever I see the thread title pet divider I imagine King Solomon settling pet custody in a divorce. embarassedlaugh.gif
I probably would have tried it, but it appears to be too small for a Suburban, if would fit something like a Ford Escape. As two your second point, luckily I am already divorces, so I get to keep my cats. smile.gif I ended up buying the plastic fencing as Joey suggested and connected it with zip ties. Will be testing it Wed when I plan to return to Wa.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Mar 07, 2020 4:02 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I ended up buying the plastic fencing as Joey suggested and connected it with zip ties. Will be testing it Wed when I plan to return to Wa.
I have this mental image of your cats entertaining themselves by free climbing the fence and hanging on as you truck on down the road.