Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Covid-19: Laughter is the Best Medicine (Y2K All Over Again?)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
bk

bk
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 6:14 pm 
Thank you to Cyclopath, Zephyr, Joey and others for the ongoing, useful discussion in the thread "To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)" smile.gif If it's good to keep your humor separate from your straight-talk (rather than over-mix it), then . . . This thread is for if a funny angle has popped to mind, and it didn't get shared for fear of overdiluting the original covid 19 thread . . . there's room here to share or rehearse your humor, or shared weird observations and thoughts. If things come to mind that that suggest... • all hope is lost, and laughter beats science • vaccines are for losers • observed behaviors are ridiculous or questionable • some things are bad science and not accurate . . . here is space. If it's a gray area (maybe useful? maybe not?) you decide (maybe in here? not sure). (My own involvement in this thread, beyond starting it, will probably be low to none.) My favorite comic of the week (thank you, Ski).
meanwhile in Seattle
meanwhile in Seattle

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 6:27 pm 
So I was riding down a surprisingly crowded Burke Gilman trail today, and the guy right in front of me let loose a farmer blow. Seriously?

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 6:33 pm 
bk wrote:
Thank you to Cyclopath, Zephyr, Joey and others for the ongoing, useful discussion in the thread "To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)" smile.gif
Awesome! Thank you, bk! We've been needing this. up.gif You're most certainly welcome. ~z

neek

neek
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 pm 
Doctor friend says the #1 problem they treated today was STDs. So much for social distancing. (I have no reason to suspect she's joking.)

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 pm 

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 pm 

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 9:37 pm 
neek wrote:
Doctor friend says the #1 problem they treated today was STDs. So much for social distancing. (I have no reason to suspect she's joking.)
Coronavirus concerns send people in thinkin they have coronavirus. Turns out it's a real bad STD

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 12:12 am 
Pfizer Pours All Resources Into Developing New Hyper-Depressant Pill To Help Americans Ease Transition Into Self-Quarantining ... Barnett revealed that the company was also developing dozens of expensive drugs to help manage the effects of the hyper-depressants.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 am 
And now a word from Paul Simon. Hit it Paul

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 10:38 am 
Day 1 of the quarantine: I'm going to meditate and do body weight strength training! Day 4: pours iced cream into the pasta. Edit to add - read this to the tune of My Sharona. Wash a little harder huh, ah will ya huh Hard enough to scream out a cry, Corona People all in misery, so mucousy Running from their noses and eyes, Corona Really gotta shop, stockin' up, such a hoarding time I'm always loadin' up, in my truck, every TP find My my my i yi a-CHOO M-m-m-my Corona

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 3:00 pm 
Not sure where my coworker got this, but sent it to me Friday morning. By Friday afternoon, we were being told we were on furlough for a minimum of 2 weeks. Gotta love irony.

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 3:38 pm 
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostTue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm 
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostWed Mar 18, 2020 12:43 am 
Good one, Joey. up.gif Here's one back at you, from Sting:

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostWed Mar 18, 2020 4:03 am 
Thanks for comic relief. Wife and I combine for 6 decades of secondary public school teaching and some of the new-found insights, mostly on FB, into "home schooling" are hilarious and real, i.e.: Suspending your own kid, new math, day-long/doors locked recess, etc. Tom