Forum Index > Trail Talk > Crowded Heybrook
Previous :: Next Topic  
timberghost

timberghost

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 4:12 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Looks like Heybrook tail hike was a zoo on Sunday. People were parking on both sides of the highway. Never saw so many cars there.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:05 am 
That sounds like too large of a gathering to be occurring during coronavirus concerns

--------------
I ALWAYS camp at the upper lake!!!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 8:47 am 
On the plus side, coughing loudly will get the slowpokes out of your way in a hurry.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Nancyann

Nancyann

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 9:11 am 
We noticed that while driving up to the pass yesterday. The lookout itself must have had a long line. There were about 50 cars in the north parking lot at Stevens and the same on the other side of the street. Most people must have gone up to Skyline Lake and beyond for recreation. We only saw a handful of backcountry skiers and a couple of hikers on the PCT northbound, although we could only get a couple of miles in before we ran into avy terrain. Still, it was a fabulous day to be up there!
Justus S.

Justus S.

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:09 pm 
I went up early today but didn't go to up the lookout, and I went down through the woods to make sure I kept the social distancing from other folks. About a dozen cars on hwy 2 and probably just as many at Index trhd.
Mount Index 3/16/20
Mount Index 3/16/20
Mount Index 3/16/20
Mount Index 3/16/20
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 9:17 pm 
I recently hiked Heybrook ridge and liked it better all around than Heybrook lookout.

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
ale_capone

ale_capone

PostWed Mar 18, 2020 10:51 am 
I agree. Ridge trail is way better. I really dont like the lookout trail. Busy, and too much road noise. Usually if we go, we take the service road from index.

We've just been hiking closed roads and unmarked trails in the area.  Haven't seen anyone.
timberghost

timberghost

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 4:18 am 
Well the parking lot was full again yesterday
seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 am 
There was a particularly photogenic WTA report a week or so ago....and that set it off I think
timberghost

timberghost

PostFri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 am 
That and the fact that skiing was closed on Stevens had people doing other hobbies along with kids out of school and some people not working
fourteen410

fourteen410

PostFri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm 
Plus incredible weather all week.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Crowded Heybrook
  Happy Birthday jd_hiker!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: