Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 10:55 am 
CC wrote:
From UW: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections Yeah, yeah, I know "we don't want no stinkin models ...falsify....yada yada."
yeah, why would anyone want valid models. It's crazy. rolleyes.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 11:13 am 
Bosterson wrote:
zephyr wrote:
Here's a video on shopping and cleaning groceries.
This is pretty intense. My read is this level of anxiety is not warranted for the general public, especially those who are not at high risk of severe complications.
Okay. If you think it's going overboard. I can pull it. I must admit it alarmed me considerably. But I had been doing some of those practices already--wiping down newly-arrived groceries for example. Thanks, ~z

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Damian

Damian
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 11:56 am 
It is not going overboard for the general public if the intent is to prevent transmission and to reduce the death rate of the many who are indeed at risk. As well as reducing the risk of overloading hospitals. The ramifications far exceed serious illness or death of the general public.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 pm 
It seems to me this episode presents an opportunity to reevaluate so much of what has become common wisdom concerning urbanization, housing distancing, private vehicles, walls, borders, prepping, and so much more.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:16 pm 
Plumbers will make some bank by the time this is over... Widespread flushing of toilet paper 'alternatives' raises fears of a sewer-nami

half fast

half fast
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:30 pm 
Interesting option to maybe think about... I have taken his seminars before. https://qigong.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=084aa5cdecb6485b57002e292&id=79ff5287aa&e=032fb80560

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
neek

neek
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:37 pm 
half fast wrote:
Interesting option to maybe think about...
A 30 page ebook for $25 on healing with herbs? There's a separate thread for humor...

half fast

half fast
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:55 pm 
neek wrote:
There's a separate thread for humor...
Well... maybe you should be posting there. "I present compelling science showing "Citric Acid", abundant in lemons and limes, dissolves the appendages around Corona-Type virus. Share with friends and medical professionals you care about." ETA a video... https://qigong.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=084aa5cdecb6485b57002e292&id=541b866d11&e=032fb80560

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
Plumbers will make some bank by the time this is over... Widespread flushing of toilet paper 'alternatives' raises fears of a sewer-nami
Kirkland has placed mobile electronic message boards in the middle of busy roads that say "Don't flush wet wipes". Had to do a double take since those signs are usually only rolled in to warn of road hazards.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm 
the count here in montana so far: * Gallatin County: 39 * Yellowstone County: 20 * Silver Bow County: 8 * Missoula County: 8 * Lewis and Clark County: 8 * Cascade County: 6 * Flathead County: 6 * Madison County: 2 * Broadwater County: 2 * Toole County: 2 * Park County: 1 * Jefferson County: 1 * Ravalli County: 1 * Meagher County: 1 * Roosevelt County: 1 * Hill County: 1 * Lincoln County: 1 death

altasnob

altasnob
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
The underlying problem remains the need (and our continued inability) to test widely because of the transmissibility of the virus long before the infected person shows symptoms. Our containment failure is due an inexplicable refusal to use the WHO test when it was offered, and then compounded by our own ineptitude, both technical and bureaucratic:
I get that the US botched initial testing, and even today, is not testing at the rate that we should be. My comments are more directed to future plans. It seems we have completely given up on the idea that we can use testing to trace contacts. At this point, the only reason we are testing at all is because it could play a factor in what treatment is provided, and it helps us have data regarding lethality and how prevalent the virus is in the population. I'm disappointed we aren't even going to try to reduce numbers through testing like South Korea and Singapore. I get that there are so many people positive in the US today that it may be too late. But anything will help. Regardless of whether we relax social distancing on Easter, like Trump wants, or much later, like the consensus scientific community wants, the virus will still be present and we will still be living in fear until we reach herd immunity, which won't happen for 6 months to two years. In the meantime, if you want baseball, I heard South Korea's baseball league is going forward as planned because unlike us, they have used testing and contact tracing to keep their virus numbers low enough to still function as a society.

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 pm 
Jumble Jowls wrote:
The Swedes have the right idea:
After watching "Hell on Wheels", I don't trust Swedes any more. Oh wait, he was Norwegian!

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm 
John Morrow wrote:
Has anyone mentioned this yet: As of March 27, 2020, 20:57 GMT: USA now exceeds 100,000 cases of coronavirus: 100,392 and counting. We're number 1 again in the world. We need to stop being so proud of our accomplishments....
American exceptionalism in action

xman_reborn

xman_reborn
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm 
joker wrote:
American exceptionalism in action
Viruses LOVE big first world countries that are free. You might find China more to your liking?

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm 
I see shoulder chips the size of Everest.