Forum Index > Trip Reports > Roost-Ridge-Ravine, 10.05.19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 8:07 pm 
This report is a few mos. late...& it appears I haven't even written a report since Xmas. Yikes. I hope to one day catch up. confused.gif So, I did a similar hike on my b-day, & about a month later decided to take my group to the area. up.gif We started from the Redtail Roost TH in the Laguna Mtns.
@ the TH
@ the TH
We walked NW along the lightly forested ridge, then turned left when we hit the Escondido Ravine trail.
This road-trail turns south, then hits the more heavily forested Agua Dulce Ravine. Some big trees in this area (by SoCal standards). smile.gif
We turned right/NW, passed Agua Dulce Well, hit Boiling Spring Ravine, & entered Laguna Meadow. The trail skirts the southern edge of the meadow, & we took a break on some rocks & checked out the cows & horses in the distance. dizzy.gif
Horses in the meadow
Horses in the meadow
Continuing on, we entered Chico Ravine & made a gentle climb up to the Old County Road.
We turned left/east on the paved (but closed to vehicles) OCR, then branched left @ the fork onto a dirt road that led us to the Agua Dulce pump house where we stopped for a lookey-loo.
Morteros
Morteros
Agua Dulce pump house
Agua Dulce pump house
We hopped across the trickling Agua Dulce Creek, climbed the edge of a small meadow, then picked up the almost invisible trail that leads up to Pk. 6,010'. Here the trail turns super steep & I got surprisingly few complaints. wink.gif We passed over the top of the pk., continued onto what was now a gravel rd., & dropped back into the parking lot.
Stats
Stats
Back in town we stopped @ our usual spot for post-hike beverages. hungry.gif smile.gif
Post-hike beverages
Post-hike beverages

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message