Forum Index > Trail Talk > Enchantments Lottery
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Atomc

Atomc
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 pm 
Yep, core area, two nights we’re thinking. I wouldn’t mind some side trips, it’s kind of weird looking at a map and having two nights. Seems like you’d want to push into the core to spend most of your time up there but it’s not all that big.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Luc

Luc
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 11:30 pm 
Big enough for two nights. I've been denied always and probably forever, and I always budgeted 4/5 just to fxss around and explore. Plenty of space to spend that time.

GNGSTR
xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 am 
Slots were released today. Man, they went fast. I was camped and saw them disappearing pretty quickly. I hope some people got some good dates!

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 am 
xrp wrote:
Slots were released today. Man, they went fast. I was camped and saw them disappearing pretty quickly. I hope some people got some good dates!
who knows when access will be allowed anyways. Any dates in May and even June are suspect at this point.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 11:57 am 
I wonder what they'll do if the season is closed down in it's entirety with respect to the permit calendar year. Will they simply honor the existing lottery results and shift the permit dates back a year, or blow off the winners and hold a new lottery for 2021? What if the open access partway into the permit year, and everyone prior to reopening misses out on their permit date?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Stephen B

Stephen B
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:04 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
I wonder what they'll do if the season is closed down in it's entirety with respect to the permit calendar year. Will they simply honor the existing lottery results and shift the permit dates back a year, or blow off the winners and hold a new lottery for 2021? What if the open access partway into the permit year, and everyone prior to reopening misses out on their permit date?
more first world problems. frown.gif I don't know how easy it would be to refund everything - if it is even possible. and that lost revenue would hurt. the recession will be deep for all

schifferj

schifferj
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:26 pm 
xrp wrote:
lots were released today. Man, they went fast. I was camped and saw them disappearing pretty quickly.
Its difficult to compete against bots and I'd bet they were in play today.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm 
schifferj wrote:
xrp wrote:
lots were released today. Man, they went fast. I was camped and saw them disappearing pretty quickly.
bots? but the permits require a named person to be on the permit. unless you mean a clever hacker gaming the system for her own benefit only? (usually I think of bots doing stuff like buying concert tickets for resale to others)

xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:44 pm 
Stephen B wrote:
MtnGoat wrote:
more first world problems. frown.gif I don't know how easy it would be to refund everything - if it is even possible. and that lost revenue would hurt. the recession will be deep for all
ReserveAmerica.com refunds pretty effortlessly. I've already had a yurt reservation canceled that was for the end of April. I imagine recreation.gov would be similar. I would also imagine that any lottery winners this year, if canceled, are Shyte Out of Luck. I feel sorry for them, if canceled. frown.gif

xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm 
Stephen B wrote:
schifferj wrote:
xrp wrote:
bots? but the permits require a named person to be on the permit. unless you mean a clever hacker gaming the system for her own benefit only? (usually I think of bots doing stuff like buying concert tickets for resale to others)
I doubt it was bots. Much more likely just lots of people doing the same thing as me. All logging on at 0700 PDT and grabbing a slot as fast as they could. Even just 100 people at the same time would accomplish what I saw.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostWed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 pm 
xrp wrote:
I would also imagine that any lottery winners this year, if canceled, are Shyte Out of Luck. I feel sorry for them, if canceled. frown.gif
unfortunately, yes. now I feel less bad that I didn't secure a permit.