Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > A Random Drop On Wall Street
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSun Apr 05, 2020 5:47 pm 
Check out 1966-82 for an interesting investing period. Stocks went up and down, but basically went nowhere. It was a short period of time though, only 16 years.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 4:55 am 
Toms correct as usual. That said, this wouldn't be happening if we let the Vulcans run wall street! This kind of thing just shows that even normally intelligent people who look forward and invest often act like sheep at the wrong timel Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 pm 
catsp wrote:
But if it makes it easier, presume an investor that, for whatever reason, is already sitting all in cash. Put it into the market now or stay in cash for the time being?
Do you want to invest in something like an S&P fund that covers a larger share of the market, individual stocks, or what? I'd expect dinner companies to go up in the coming year, I think Glaxo is working on a vaccine. Some socks have bottomed out and others have more free fall ahead of them. I'm mostly invested in mutual funds, I'm not looking for a long time. But I'm 42.

Bosterson

Bosterson
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I'd expect dinner companies to go up in the coming year, I think Glaxo is working on a vaccine. Some socks have bottomed out and others have more free fall ahead of them.
I'm not sure how much of that was autocorrect, but I think this is about as meaningful as most investment advice gets. wink.gif

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
neek

neek
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 pm 
I feel kind of bad these days about sending my Darn Tough socks that have "bottomed out" in for warranty replacement. But really, dare me to wear out a pair of socks, and you're going to look pretty silly. Anyway have fun trying to "beat the market" with anything other than luck or insider info.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 pm 
Bosterson wrote:
I'm not sure how much of that was autocorrect, but I think this is about as meaningful as most investment advice gets. wink.gif
Sometimes I think my auto-correct has an alcohol problem. And it replaces every third word with dinner.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Apr 07, 2020 12:59 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Toms correct as usual.
I didn't make any short term predictions. Won't know for at least another decade.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSun Apr 19, 2020 6:42 pm 
The check it too small to make much difference in a portfolio. Better to spend it on what pleases you, and besides, the spending will help the economy a little bit.

don't believe everything you think