Forum Index > Trail Talk > Towing at Rattlesnake TH?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 am 
Any truth to the rumor of them towing cars parked at Rattlesnake TH?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 am 
Stephen B

Stephen B
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am 
Randito wrote:
https://livingsnoqualmie.com/tow-trucks-police-respond-to-mt-si-road-as-hikers-ignore-stay-home-order-closed-north-bend-trails/
this is theoretically very different. Years ago you could park along the road near the Mt Si TH and between Si and Teneriffe (bus stop turnaround). Over the years these places became fewer and farther between until you couldn't park anywhere legally any time on the road, just at the proper THs (Little Si overflow, Little Si, Mt Si, Teneriffe). Now the TH lots are all closed and gated, and if you park on the road, you are parking where you couldn't do so legally anyways. Residents there are calling and getting you towed. I have no idea what the situation is at Rattlesnake TH, but personally I'd avoid that area.

Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 am 
and Rattlesnake trails are controlled by Seattle Public Utilities, not by DNR or Forest Service, and they have closed the trail.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 1:24 pm 
Schroder wrote:
and Rattlesnake trails are controlled by Seattle Public Utilities, not by DNR or Forest Service, and they have closed the trail.
The bike trail TH is there too, which I believe is actually a State Park. That TH parking would be closed and I'd guess other lots nearby too (which i've used years ago and unloaded my bike)

timberghost

timberghost
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 5:34 am 
Some towing is needed on Heybrook LO these days

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 8:44 am 
The road to rattlesnake is now closed.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 11:01 am 
Towing right now is a bad idea. They should ticket people the price of a tow instead. They can prevent registering your car when the tabs expire to force people to pay it. Getting towed means getting a ride with a stranger and then interacting with the tow shop. Some hikers will escape infection on the trail, some will already be infected and pass it on getting their car back. Counterproductive.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Towing right now is a bad idea. They should ticket people the price of a tow instead. They can prevent registering your car when the tabs expire to force people to pay it. Getting towed means getting a ride with a stranger and then interacting with the tow shop. Some hikers will escape infection on the trail, some will already be infected and pass it on getting their car back. Counterproductive.
What you say is true. However tow truck drivers are empowered to tow illegally parked vehicles, but not to write parking tickets. Writing parking tickets is a police function. I suspect the King County sheriff has many other concerns that are more pressing. E.g. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-see-rise-domestic-violence-calls-amid-coronavirus-lockdown-n1176151

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 1:27 pm 
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm 
Randito wrote:
What you say is true. However tow truck drivers are empowered to tow illegally parked vehicles, but not to write parking tickets. Writing parking tickets is a police function. I suspect the King County sheriff has many other concerns that are more pressing. E.g. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-see-rise-domestic-violence-calls-amid-coronavirus-lockdown-n1176151
Towing probably creates a bigger impression anyway. Hopefully the word gets out beyond this forum. Nobody wants to deal with getting towed.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 3:45 pm 
Seems a great opportunity to hike home.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Apr 11, 2020 11:43 am 
My best friend lives in Earnies Grove. She calls the people invading Rattlesnake and other East King County hot spots "City-iots" LOL. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=city-iot

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Apr 11, 2020 2:35 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
My best friend lives in Earnies Grove. She calls the people invading Rattlesnake and other East King County hot spots "City-iots" LOL. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=city-iot
What's also funny is the 3rd definition, which inverts who is the rube.
Quote:
city-iot Anyone who comes into the city on weeknights and weekends from the suburbs. They don't know how to drive in city traffic, don't know where anything is located, and dine and shop at all the same resturants that they could have found back home in suburbia. Because of their urban ineptitude, cause city dwellers much frustration and angst. Some f### city-iot nearly ran me over today since they forgot that there are pedestrians in the city. The city-iot broke three traffic laws just to get a spot in front of the Starbucks

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 12:19 am 
SCARED!!!!! these weekend warrior types are SCARED in the city!!! Can't handle the pace!!!