Forum Index > Pacific NW History > The Battle over Miners Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon May 04, 2020 2:57 pm 
Schroder wrote:
MtnGoat wrote:
value of the private salmon mining is asserted to be higher than the value of the private gold mining
You've got to be kidding huh.gif If you want to discuss the politics of Pebble Mine, take it over here. This thread is about the history of Miners Ridge and a new book coming out.
If you're gonna play thread cop great, you did start the thread. At least attempt to pretend some objectivity by also nailing the person who led the PM topic. Instead, you say not one word, for days... about *that* drift ....until it leads somewhere you disapprove of. 'nuff said.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostTue May 05, 2020 8:09 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
you disapprove of.
Just because everyone disapproves of you it doesn’t mean you are obnoxious. But it’s a pretty good clue! Since I got no responses, I have to assume that no one has been down to that large man-made structure below the Suiattle trail. From across the valley, it looks like the old avalanche shed that used to be just east of Snoqualmie Pass. I presume it is the entrance to an adit, but it does not look like any structure at any other mine that I have ever seen.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue May 05, 2020 8:39 am 
There is a large metal cabin off the trail before you head up to Suiattle Pass that is now collapsing. I was there a year or two ago. Back in the 80’s it was intact and full of jars of Gludens Brown Mustard.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Damian

Damian
PostTue May 05, 2020 9:00 am 
Sculpin wrote:
that large man-made structure below the Suiattle trail.
Sculpin I've been through the area many times including the old mining camp. I've never noticed the structure you mention. Where is it? (say WRT the mining camp)

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostTue May 12, 2020 8:11 am 
Damian, Memories have faded a bit on the specifics. I think we were on the north side of Middle Ridge, hiking north, but already down below the subalpine area. At one point there is a break in the trees, and you can see this thing down on the slope, well below the miner's camp area. There must be a trail down from the camp. It is built into the slope so you would have to be standing right in front of it to see it from Miner's Ridge.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir