Forum Index > Photography Talk > Apple iPhone 11 Pro - Camera review
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostWed Oct 09, 2019 2:07 pm 
For anyone considering buying an unlocked iPhone 11, apparently none of those IMEI numbers are in verizon's database. Thus, if you try to activate a verizon plan (or a reseller's verizon plan like Page Plus Cellular) you will be told that your spiffy new phone is not compatible with verizon. This is 100% BS. Verizon has a long history of being *very* slow to add unlocked IMEIs to their database. For anyone trying to get an unlocked IMEI into Verizon's database, I suggest doing chat or calling 888-294-6804 and ask for the tech support team. Worked for me. The chat rep told me they "filled out a form" and my IMEI will be added to the verizon database in 24-72 hours.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 09, 2019 3:32 pm 
I was thinking they had a bit of color cast but maybe it is the saturation. One thing I like about the pixel is that the pictures are pretty natural looking while still being saturated enough at default settings.

williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostWed Oct 09, 2019 7:20 pm 
Tom wrote:
Curious how you got the sunbursts, did you add a filter?
No filter, straight out of the phone.....my post processing was very light, the photos can stand on their own.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 pm 
Wallace falls
When the pictures are viewed on my phone, or another iphone, if I hold my finger on the pic it becomes a short movie with sound, maybe two seconds. Weird but cool.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 5:50 am 
Slugman wrote:
When the pictures are viewed on my phone, or another iphone, if I hold my finger on the pic it becomes a short movie with sound, maybe two seconds.
The pics were likely taken with 'live' mode turned on.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 am 
Pixel 4 was officially announced today. Only a 2x optical zoom (was rumored to be 5x). What a letdown from a camera perspective vs. the iphone 11.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 11:07 am 
The iPhone 11 only has a 2x optical zoom. If someone thinks an upgraded display and camera is worth an extra $400, they could get 5 x from an iPhone 11 pro. To me, the Pro seemed way overpriced. Basically it is Apple sticking it to those who simply must have the absolute top of the line. And the Pro Max, at $550 more than the 11, gives a whopping 6.4 inch screen. But the 11's screen is 6.1 inches. Another $150 thrown away. For me, $750 minus a $250 rebate didn't seem excessive for the 11, but $1300 minus the $250 did. (All price comparisons assume that 64 gb with no ability to ever expand memory is insufficient, so I have included one memory level upgrade is each price. The upgrade on the 11 is to 128 gb and costs $50, that option is not available on the Pro models. The cheapest upgrade on them is $150 to bring the memory to 256 gb. Prices are from Xfinity mobile, have no activation fees or contracts, other than keeping an Xfinity mobile account open and paid for three months to get the $250 rebate. A plan with them can be had for $15/month incluing all taxes and fees.)

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 am 
Pixel 4's direct competition would be the 11 Pro which also has ultra wide angle. The Pixel 3 had camera and low price going for it. I think the Pixel 4 is going to be a hard sell for Google without the anticipated 5x optical zoom. Not sure low end astrophotography is going to offer that much appeal.

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostTue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
When Jobs was alive they came out with "NEW" products every year it seemed like. I cant remember a new product from Apple in years.
Yeah, and Apple Records hasn’t released new Beatles music in almost five decades.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostWed Oct 16, 2019 8:10 am 
Article on iPhone 11 Pro camera. Lots of full resolution pics. Includes "deep fusion" pics. https://www.macstories.net/stories/iphone-11-pro-in-rome/ Anyone with an iPhone 11 can try deep fusion by installing the iOS public beta 2.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm 
I got an 11 Pro Max in hopes that it would have a better antenna. I was only getting one bar of signal strength with my 8 Plus. I took a big chance, but it worked. Im getting three bars with the new 11 Pro MaX.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
michadoh

michadoh
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 7:15 am 
Very informative review. Smartphone cameras are getting smarter and it is hard to recognize the difference between smartphone camera shot and a dslr camera shot for a normal person. However, DSLR camera still has an advantage aside from the weight advantage lol. When it comes to the sheer quality and with the right technique you can stomp any smartphone camera. On the other hand smartphone cameras, advance ai features and convenience really is what makes this irresistible. I remember when I was still starting photography in New York I used to borrow a camera from Adorama Rentals. Cause I do not have the money to buy my own camera when I saved enough I bought my own camera and it broke after 2 years of use because I accidentally dropped it from a 3rd floor building when I was taking a break from a photoshoot. From that experience I learn that I should keep a spare camera and a phone camera for my disposal.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed May 06, 2020 9:26 pm 

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostThu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm 
iPhone 11 •Dual camera setup •Primary: 12MP sensor, 26mm-equivalent f/1.8-aperture lens •Ultra-wide: 12MP sensor with 13mm f/2.4-aperture lens iPhone 11 Pro •Triple-camera setup •Primary: 12Mp sensor, 26mm-equivalent, f/1.8-aperture lens, (6-element lens) •Ultra-wide: 12Mp sensor, 13mm-equivalent, f/2.4-aperture lens (5 elements) •Tele: 12Mp 1/3.4″ sensor, 52mm-equivalent, f/2.0-aperture lens (6-element lens) Both have Image Stabilization, and 2x optical zoom (5x digital) The 26mm Primary Lens is a larger 1/2.5", 21.3 Crop Factor The 13mm Wide (and 52m Telephoto) are 1/3.4" 26.4 Crop factor There are comparable super-zoom compact camera with more telephoto range. But they don't make phone calls, text, etc. Larger cameras have less noise on close shots, and have much better telephoto range options. For a lot of people that's not a large enough of a value proposition to justify a wanting a second device. The improvement in these cell-phone cameras is destroying camera company sales. Total camera sales are down 87% in the last decade, and most of that is non-interchangeable lens devices. Other than specialty items like the go-pro and underwater cameras, the rest of the bunch will reduce down in one or two offerings per manufacturer.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm 
I did get an iPhone 11 Pro last fall. Here is a pic I posted in the spring flower thread. This is straight off the phone, no post processing.