Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trail and Park Openings
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed May 06, 2020 11:53 am 
I thought it would be useful to have everything that's becoming available listed in its own thread. Please share what you know! smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed May 06, 2020 12:12 pm 
I posted the WDFW announcement in the "closed" thread, but it's gotten so cluttered up with stupid arguments about parking lots I actually wondered if there was any point to it. Also posted in the "WDFW News Releases" thread.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed May 06, 2020 3:25 pm 
King County opening info for May 8th. https://kingcountyparks.org/covid/#openlist

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu May 07, 2020 1:04 pm 
Seward Park has reopened, but cyclists are not currently allowed on the loop.

RichP

RichP
PostThu May 07, 2020 5:38 pm 
Just did a hike on Pilchuck Tree Farm near Stanwood. Quite a few folks out on horses and bikes. Much of it is on logging roads so good for distancing. $2 donation per person suggested to help with trail maintenance.

wolffie

wolffie
PostThu May 07, 2020 6:21 pm 
Are they opening MBSNF trails this weekend? Is the Middle Fork Snoqualmie road physically open? How can I go hiking if my favorite coffee shop is closed?

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
blendergasket

blendergasket
PostThu May 07, 2020 8:07 pm 
wolffie wrote:
Is the Middle Fork Snoqualmie road physically open?
Nope. https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report-2020-05-07-4655672076

"He who would understand the Book of Nature must walk its pages with his feet" ~Paracelsus
tlake

tlake
PostThu May 07, 2020 8:50 pm 
Tonite the sign near Valley Camp said road closed 7.2 miles ahead.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu May 07, 2020 9:49 pm 
wolffie wrote:
Is the Middle Fork Snoqualmie road physically open?
I see the conflicting reports, but I just was there today. They were still doing some roadwork east of the landslide area this morning. There was a County truck guarding the gate to keep out vehicular traffic around 10:30 am today. I had parked near the middle school and rode my mountain bike in. We chatted briefly and he said they expected to open very soon today or tomorrow. When I passed the Mailbox parking area all the spots on the road were filled up and there were cars parked along the road to the upper parking lot. It was busy. Then I went on to the Taylor River/Middle Fork junction had lunch and then biked the six miles to Dingford Creek trailhead. That's one heck of a rough ride/walk at times journey. That's for another story. Meanwhile, I made it to Dingford, ate the rest of my lunch, headed back and met a couple in an SUV coming in. They said that the gate was now open. When I got to Taylor River area again, there were a half a dozen or so vehicles at that junction, some setting up camp. On my bike ride back to the middle school area, I saw well over a dozen vehicles up and down the road. It was between 5 and 6 pm by the time I got back. Looks very open to me. ~z

blendergasket

blendergasket
PostThu May 07, 2020 9:55 pm 
Amazing. Thank you for the in person intel!!!

"He who would understand the Book of Nature must walk its pages with his feet" ~Paracelsus
stever

stever
PostSat May 09, 2020 9:35 am 
My In-laws live in Issaquah and needed someone to move their outdoor furniture from their shed to their deck. Wanting to keep my ranking as #1 son in law (I am married to one of their 4 daughters) I volunteered and went over there early this morning to do that for them. I thought since I'm over here I'm going to recon the Tiger Mt parking lots and see what they look like. I drove by the following parking lots between 7:45 and 8:00 AM. Chirico-lot full, people parking on the road, pay lot across the street had 10 cars in it. High School-lot full, people parking on the road and at Issaquah HS. Sunset Way-lot half full. Highpoint-parking lot is open and lot was full. Parking along the road extended halfway down to I-90. Just an FYI if you're going up to Tiger this weekend. SR

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat May 09, 2020 11:34 am 
The MLH going by my house is like the freeway today, I wonder when they will open the Deer Creek gate soon? Seems likely.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
mike

mike
PostSat May 09, 2020 4:07 pm 
Stay the #@%^ home! This parking lot is for a beach that is smaller than this parking lot! 54 cars

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSat May 09, 2020 4:11 pm 
Out of curiosity I drove up to Olney Pass today. Probably 50 vehicles parked at the pass parking area and along the road. I don’t know where everyone went because both the North and South Shore roads are gated at that point. Greider Lakes trailhead is about a nine mile round trip roadwalk from Olney Pass, so maybe people walked down to the Culmback Dam. confused.gif Some people were even bringing their kayaks and canoes, even though there is a sign down on the Sultan Basin Road saying everything is closed. It was a target shooting zoo on the drive up with vehicles lining the road and garbage piling up rapidly. Not sure why that is ok.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat May 09, 2020 4:27 pm 
People need to return to work, then there will be far less people out recreating. I am not going anywhere on a weekend, hell no! I won't even chance riding my bike on the MLH, which more resembles the Autobahn on weekends.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.