Forum Index > Gear Talk > Arcteryx customer service/warranty
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 pm 
I'd like to give a shout out to Arcteryx customer service. I'm doing the major purge as I'm retiring in a month. We are having to deal with everything we own because we're going to sell the house and vehicles and put minimal belongings in storage as we prepare to become international vagabonds over the next few years. My gear closet is taking close scrutiny, and I had an old Sirrus SL jacket that I haven't used for a few years. Upon inspection i saw some delamination and the pit zips had completely detached from the main material. Instead of throwing it out I sent it in to their repair/warranty facility (after contacting customer service). It took a few weeks but they issued an RA number and shipping label and I sent it in. Today I got a response that said, We’ve just assessed your Sirrus Sl Jacket here at the Arc’teryx Product Service Centre, and we see that the lamination has come loose. This is considered to be a manufacturing issue, and it cannot be repaired on the PacLite material.Typically with a Paclite and this age we would not consider this garment under its Practical Lifetime. But since your jacket is in such great condition we would like to offer you a full replacement. They offered a free "equivalent" jacket, the Beta SL Hybrid Jacket, listed at $425. I was able to upgrade to a Goretex Pro jacket (Beta LT) and paid the difference over the phone, which was $110 including tax. Later in the day I got a shipping confirmation. I haven't been one to purchase any of these pricey jackets of late, my original was over 15 years old. I have used cheaper alternatives, including ponchos and non goretex pieces. They were under no obligation to offer me anything for an item that was that old, and I thought their offer was beyond any expectations. Nice to see a company stand behind their warranty, and this will be handy for my Kilimanjaro trip in August.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jimbocru

jimbocru
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 pm 
I recd a completely different "customer service" from SAME folks and my jacket is < 12 years old. >> RA# $$$$ We’ve completed a full assessment of your Alpha SL Jacket Men's and we can clearly see the delamination issue. We’re sorry you had this experience and we want to help find a solution for you. Unfortunately, due to the age of this product the fabric has begun to separate or “delaminate” from its partner layer. For this issue, we have no repair options available that will provide a long-lasting solution. Delamination can usually be attributed to age and in some cases a collection of moisture deep inside that causes the slow degradation of the glue substance that holds the layers together. Like any material exposed to varying conditions of weather, it eventually wears down. While stitching can fix some areas, the result will not be waterproof and once the glue has degraded a new application of glue will not bond to the fabric. When delamination occurs on the seams, face fabric or backer, restoring the product to its original state and function is not possible. For those reasons, we do not have an available repair option because any attempt we could make would not meet our standards of quality. With the age of this product in consideration, your Alpha SL Jacket has lived past its practical lifespan and is beyond the Arc’teryx Limited Warranty. In place of repair, we would be happy to get you back into a new piece of gear. We would like to offer you 50% off any new Arc’teryx product of your choice from our current collection. How to get your new product: 1. Browse the online store at Arcteryx.com. (For reference, here is your current product or the closest equivalent if we don’t make it anymore) https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/beta-sl-hybrid-jacket 2. Find an item that is in stock. Feel free to pick any new item you are interested in. Note: Only the items, sizes and colors that are in stock will be eligible for this offer. << Interesting the BETA jacket with 12.2 % Tax added on top of $425 == $465+ and 50 % of this is still a hefty chunk of change -- especially when you ONLY use the jacket in really wet/rainy/snowy conditions ...It's too hot going uphill ..for me ..

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSun Jan 26, 2020 12:02 pm 
I was downhill skiing in a pair of their hard shell pants and took a kind of weird dramatic fall in which I split the crotch of the pants open along a welded seam. I contacted them asking if they could fix this (expecting I might have to pay for the service since it happened in a moment of relatively hard treatment of the pants). They gave me an RMA# and I sent them in - they soon contacted me letting me know when I'd get my warranty repaired pants back. They came back to me good as new. I'm quite happy with my only customer service experience with them.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jan 27, 2020 7:19 pm 
Considering ArcTeryx gear runs 2-3x the cost of less fashionable brands it seems only fair that one should get a couple of replacements hassle free.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jan 28, 2020 7:25 pm 
I need to see what's going on with my warranty claim. I got an email the jackets had been received, and nothing since. I have a Beta AR and a Norvan SL, which is the Shake Dry gtx. It's fantastic stuff, but I crashed hard on skis, slid a bit on ice, and shredded the shoulder.

Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostMon Feb 03, 2020 9:15 am 
I had an old Beta SL shell that was delaminating at both the cuffs. I sent it in to see if they could repair it but due to its condition, the coat was around 7 years old and heavily used, it could not be repaired. They did indicate that they would send the jacket back to me or give me 75% off any similar type item. I thought that was a pretty nice deal and I took them up on it. So thumbs up for me on their customer service also.

seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike
PostThu May 14, 2020 11:56 am 
Their warranty service is good...I worked in their stores for several years and people were generally happy.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu May 14, 2020 1:18 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I need to see what's going on with my warranty claim. I got an email the jackets had been received, and nothing since. I have a Beta AR and a Norvan SL, which is the Shake Dry gtx. It's fantastic stuff, but I crashed hard on skis, slid a bit on ice, and shredded the shoulder.
This was my fault, and they took care of me.