Forum Index > Trip Reports > The nearby-trips report thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun May 10, 2020 2:57 am 
Took the new red bike out for a photo shoot over the last few days. On Thursday rode the Preston-Snoqualmie Trail and hiked down to view the falls from below. Ran a few errands today and savored sunset along the East Lake Sammamish Trail on the way home.
Thunderstorms easing Wednesday night
Thunderstorms easing Wednesday night
Blue sky, time to ride
Blue sky, time to ride
New red bike wrapped in a red rhododendron bow
New red bike wrapped in a red rhododendron bow
East Fork Issaquah Creek
East Fork Issaquah Creek
Raging River
Raging River
Preston Snoqualmie Trail switchbacks
Preston Snoqualmie Trail switchbacks
Preston Snoqualmie railroad grade
Preston Snoqualmie railroad grade
Donut steel
Donut steel
Warning: mud on trail and man eating plants
Warning: mud on trail and man eating plants
Trail junction
Trail junction
Snoqualmie Falls
Snoqualmie Falls
Time to wash the sneakers
Time to wash the sneakers
Cruising East Lake Sammamish
Cruising East Lake Sammamish
East Lake Sammamish sunset
East Lake Sammamish sunset
Lake Sammamish State Park
Lake Sammamish State Park
Freeway crossing
Freeway crossing

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun May 10, 2020 10:58 am 
Everyone need love even Colonnade!
#Colonnade Mountain Bike Skills Park

Brucester

Brucester
PostSun May 10, 2020 11:01 am 
I was having reoccurring dreams about work so I HAD to go beyond my neighborhood.....escape!

mike

mike
PostTue May 12, 2020 2:04 pm 
Mothers' Day walk
Mothers' Day walk

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri May 15, 2020 1:21 am 
Today turned out to be another great day for a ride despite the forecast. Yesterday I decided to take my mountain bike to get more of a workout - the rhododendrons were still beautiful, even if a tad past their prime.
Today my new grocery pannier arrived, so of course I had to go for a grocery run. I grabbed a few items at the first store but wanted to ride more before finishing up my shopping at the next store.
As I was stopping in to the next Safeway I noticed a street performer on the corner. I could hear some darkness in his lyrics as I approached, but it was performed beautifully, and I extended a donation in appreciation. We chatted for a bit and I asked if it would be OK to take a few pictures and a short video. He was happy to oblige. As he played I noticed a change in lyrics and I sensed he may have been appreciative that someone stopped by. He had said his music was mostly improvised. It didn't strike me until I was walking in to Safeway and donning my mask that we are in the midst of a pandemic, lulled by the music into a semblance of normalcy while petting his "best friend in the world" as he had put it.
While shopping I checked the video and realized it had cut off during the interaction, so stopped by for a second take on my way out (from a more sensible social distance). I offered a bottle of cold pressed watermelon juice, of which he also was quite appreciative, perfect timing for his break.
He mentioned someone "on Jackson" had just given him this "$100 guitar", a blessing as he had been performing with a 3/4 size guitar. I told him the guitar had a great tune, just goes to show it matters more who is playing it. I wished him well, and he bid me "Hare Krishna" as I rode off. I didn't realize how late it was getting. It was nice to have enough battery to gun it all the way home, getting back just in time for a beautiful sunset over the lake from the driveway.

hikefirst

hikefirst
PostTue May 19, 2020 10:51 am 
Are you , or do you know of anyone in the admin of RidewithGPS? They have a serious error that I tried to get fixed with the current admin, with no success.

Hike first, all the rest can wait!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue May 19, 2020 11:45 am 
Went up to Deer Creek road yesterday to see if maybe the gate was open, not yet, maybe in about a week. So we drove up Deer Creek road toward Kelcema lake. Road in good shape up to about the 4 mile mark, then deep snow. We hiked u the road and onto Kelcema lake which is still completely frozen over. There have been a few people u there, good boot track and evidence of a couple camp fires at the main camping area. The road just prior the TH is going to need to be brushed out and a fairly large log cut-removed. If you go be aware of some post holing and snow bridges. Saw 4 other people who I kept my distance from. dizzy.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.