Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Reiter ponds dog attack.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu May 14, 2020 10:47 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
Pitts. down.gif
I agree. I always hear the argument that Pitts aren't inherently bad and although I would say that is true, when they are bad, whether by poor breeding or training-handling, a bad situation is made way worse because of the tendencies and attributes of the breed. In other words a "bad pitt" is much more dangerous than say a black lab, etc. Just the way it is.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu May 14, 2020 12:37 pm 
Genetics matter and the track record is very straightforward. This was all covered in a thread years ago where attack vs breed vs population was covered and all of the fighting/attack breeds were obviously over represented in a per capita basis of attacks. No one should have to wonder wether the pitt approaching them is the breed's jekyll or hyde. Unlike the inanimate objects some folks have big issues with, dogs do in fact have brains of their own and are self triggering.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu May 14, 2020 1:24 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
You think one guy would've been able to control 3 pitbulls in attack mode if they were on a leash? Good luck with that.
People shouldn't have dogs they can't physically control.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu May 14, 2020 1:33 pm 
No question about that.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostThu May 14, 2020 1:59 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
This thread ticks all the boxes save one. And I'm a certified cairn kicker, so that box is checked.
Ha. I wasn't going to post all. I edited to remove several trigger points, and reasons for drift. Here you go. We hike here often, Last year I spent the summer building these beach creatures during our evening hikes to the river.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
People shouldn't have dogs they can't physically control.
I agree with you. It isn't always the case though. I've seen plenty of people being dragged along by their dog on a leash, maybe just barely managing to control it. Not aggressive dogs necessarily, just eager to get somewhere and pulling hard on the leash.

Washakie

Washakie
PostThu May 14, 2020 3:32 pm 
I have back packed and hiked since my early teens and have met numerous dogs on the trail without a hint of a problem. Sometimes they are almost too friendly. One thing I can say is that many dogs can sense fear.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Washakie

Washakie
PostThu May 14, 2020 3:39 pm 
...and Wayne, I think you better stick close to your recliner. It's a jungle out there,,,, Lions and tigers and dogs, oh my!

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 14, 2020 4:05 pm 
lions and tigers and bears
lions and tigers and bears

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Washakie

Washakie
PostThu May 14, 2020 9:17 pm 
Don't forget what exposed the Wizzard........yes it was the Terror Of Oz....Toto!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri May 15, 2020 4:15 am 
Homeless or not she should have called the cops on the guy. Who knows how many other people/dogs have been or will be attacked?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri May 15, 2020 5:30 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Homeless or not she should have called the cops on the guy. Who knows how many other people/dogs have been or will be attacked?
^ This, absolutely!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri May 15, 2020 9:08 am 
Homeless and 4 dogs? Doesn't it take money to feed dogs? Dog food? If the person knew the dogs were attacking and tried to stop the attack, then the person has some knowledge that something was amiss.

Art is an adventure.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri May 15, 2020 12:08 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
I've been wondering why the police weren't involved too.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostFri May 15, 2020 2:42 pm 
First hand update. My male neighbour is an engineer. His story telling lacks emotion. All four dogs where tethered on an suv. 3 broke free, one did not. I have no technical data on the devices. The neighbour lady involved is a champ. She was in there throwing kicks and blows and unmentionable words. Taking bites, and quickly got to the tool. Talking about 5' and 120# of fire! Owner of the pittbulls collapsed in a sobbing heap. Profusely apologizing. Wanting to help with bills any way he could even if he had to work it off. He raised each dog from a pup, and never had a problem. I agree she should have called the police. She was more concerned at the point about her dog. She is also the antithesis of her right wing husband. She did say she thought it was odd that the present wdwf didn't come see who was shooting in the lot.