Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Hoosierdaddy
Trophy Husband

Hoosierdaddy
Trophy Husband
PostFri May 15, 2020 7:35 am 
A little hopeful news for your day. (Hopefully it's true) https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/california-biopharmaceutical-company-claims-coronavirus-antibody-breakthrough/ar-BB147Tvt?ocid=spartandhp

God, I am going to regret this someday!
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 15, 2020 8:01 am 
Sounds like a pump and dump on first reading, time will tell.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm 
I hope this is true. The claim of 100% efficacy raised my eyebrow.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm 
maybe, maybe not... Sorrento IDs Antibody Against COVID-19 That Appears 100% Effective / BioSpace.com 05/15/20 and then: Be 100% Skeptical of 100% Coronavirus Cure / Wall Street Journal 05/15/20
Mr. Spock wrote:
"...insufficient data..."

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm 
I agree with WSJ extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 15, 2020 1:27 pm 
^ Digging with Google it appears that peer-reviewed study may be some time in coming. Too many unknowns here.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm 
Yesterday Governor Inslee held a news briefing on some aspects of re-opening retail services. He also took a number of questions from the press. Here is a link to that video conference. I listened to most of the briefing. There are a number of retail organizations that also speak about the protocols for safe retail environments. But the main reason I am posting this is the Q & A. that follows the briefing. At minute 37:00 or so a reporter from the Tacoma News-Tribune asks about testing. So feel free to scroll ahead to that part. This as we know is been a long standing thorn in our side during this whole pandemic. It's very instructive to hear from the Governor where we are on testing, where we hope to be, and what is holding us up. (--basically, the swabs, the reagents, and the medium for transporting/housing the sample.) He said we are not just sitting on our hands waiting for these promised supplies, we've been searching the world over for these items. so far Washington has received just 10% of the materials promised for May. We are going to be needing much more of these supplies as we go forward, open more businesses, and do more tracing. ~z

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm 
IDK about COVID-19 testing in general, but someone I know that had a risk of exposure and developed a cough (with flem) was able to get tested by UW medicine within a couple hours of calling to make an appointment. Results we available in under 12 hours (and were negative thankfully).

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri May 15, 2020 9:35 pm 
Quote:
As for the scientific support for the use of face mask, a recent careful examination of the literature, in which 17 of the best studies were analyzed, concluded that, “ None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”1 Keep in mind, no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Any recommendations, therefore, have to be based on studies of influenza virus transmission. And, as you have seen, there is no conclusive evidence of their efficiency in controlling flu virus transmission. It is also instructive to know that until recently, the CDC did not recommend wearing a face mask or covering of any kind, unless a person was known to be infected, that is, until recently. Non-infected people need not wear a mask. When a person has TB we have them wear a mask, not the entire community of non-infected. The recommendations by the CDC and the WHO are not based on any studies of this virus and have never been used to contain any other virus pandemic or epidemic in history.
Yup, I've been getting roaring headaches after about an hour at work. Been popping excedrin like candy, it's the only thing which makes a dent in the ache.
Quote:
There is a difference between the N95 respirator mask and the surgical mask (cloth or paper mask) in terms of side effects. The N95 mask, which filters out 95% of particles with a median diameter >0.3 µm2 , because it impairs respiratory exchange (breathing) to a greater degree than a soft mask, and is more often associated with headaches. In one such study, researchers surveyed 212 healthcare workers (47 males and 165 females) asking about presence of headaches with N95 mask use, duration of the headaches, type of headaches and if the person had preexisting headaches.2 They found that about a third of the workers developed headaches with use of the mask, most had preexisting headaches that were worsened by the mask wearing, and 60% required pain medications for relief. As to the cause of the headaches, while straps and pressure from the mask could be causative, the bulk of the evidence points toward hypoxia and/or hypercapnia as the cause.
Blaylock: Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy The side effects of the mask buisness are far from non existent.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 15, 2020 10:53 pm 
King County Local Health Officer Directive re: Face Masks EFFECTIVE May 18, 2020
Dr. Jeff Duchin, Local Health Officer wrote:
All individuals must wear face coverings over their noses and mouths when they will be at (1) indoor public settings, or (2) outdoor public locations and cannot maintain distancing of approximately six feet from another individual who does not share their household. At this time, because it is still important to conserve medical-grade or N95 respirators for health care workers, unless a particular health reason requires it, individuals should use fabric coverings, such as cloth face masks, scarves and bandana coverings or other material as recommended by CDC. Cloth face masks must be worn properly in order to avoid contaminating the hands or face of the user. Before putting on a mask and after removing a mask, an individual should clean their hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water and change masks when moist and wash after use. While in use, avoid touching the mask. Worn masks may be contaminated with infectious agents.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm 
RE: "Russel Blaylock MD"
Wikipedia wrote:
Blaylock has endorsed views inconsistent with the scientific consensus, including that food additives such as aspartame and monosodium glutamate (MSG) are excitotoxic in normal doses. He has additionally cautioned against heavy use of the artificial sweetener Splenda (sucralose).[18] These positions are not supported by scientific consensus or regulatory bodies, as extensive studies support the safety of aspartame, sucralose, and MSG Blaylock has called the American medical system 'collectivist' and has suggested that health-care reform efforts under President Obama are masterminded by extragovernmental groups that wish to impose euthanasia.
more cranks and hacks. same as ever. dizzy.gif or in other words: Don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the King of Rock and Roll lol.gif next time you need to do that "appeal to authority" thing, check with Captain Kangaroo or Laurel & Hardy.... it would make as much sense.... and probably be more valid lol.gif

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri May 15, 2020 11:30 pm 
Governor Cuomo expresses this eloquently and poignantly. ~z

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat May 16, 2020 6:03 am 
I am alarmed at the logic being used to return "back to normal." On one web site, folks are saying no need for any precautions because they don't know anybody who got sick, therefore it doesn't exist. The other wide spread supporting reason for no precautions is that the hospitals did not fill up. I think we are doomed for one heck of a second round. 2 new cases found in the south county yesterday. We have health experts vs politicians/sheriff starting to go at it, as do other areas.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
longhair27

longhair27
PostSat May 16, 2020 8:11 am 
Patients admitted to Hosptials in America, Italy and China who are the worst condition all have common thread all have very low levels of Vitamin D3. People who maintain their Vitamin D3 levels have no severe symptoms. Defiency is anything below 40-ng. All Functional Medicine MD's and Natropathic MD (NP's) keep their client's D3 levels UP daily and year around. The 90's is what we all need to be at. Also the exact same symptoms of Corona Virus that Doctors have been seeing manifesting in Patients in China, America and Europe are identical to Zinc Defiencies one for one down the list. Zinc Gluconate STOPS Viral Replication in the human body. Everyone needs to keep their Immune System UP daily Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Picolate and Zinc Acetate are best forms in that respective order to take Vitamin D3 - 7,000 to 10,000 IU's daily Vitamin C - 3,000 milligrams in divided dosages throughout each day Selenium - 400 mirco grams daily All of these in those amounts would prevent many deaths worldwide.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat May 16, 2020 8:25 am 
So go chew on a bucket clown.gif