Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:01 am 
Ski wrote:
RE: "Russel Blaylock MD"
Ski wrote:
more cranks and hacks. same as ever. dizzy.gif or in other words: Don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the King of Rock and Roll lol.gif next time you need to do that "appeal to authority" thing, check with Captain Kangaroo or Laurel & Hardy.... it would make as much sense.... and probably be more valid lol.gif
Unsurprisingly, you're not actually dealing with the points raised. The king of something, all right.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:04 am 
Ski wrote:
King County Local Health Officer Directive re: Face Masks EFFECTIVE May 18, 2020
First this, then a strawman claim about appeal to authority, ah the irony. There's a miss in at least one cylinder, I see. Especially when the critique itself is empty of a real argument, since you haven't shown any actual reason the items listed in the argument you sort of attacked are not real factors. How is it you even see the posts you claim to be ignoring when no one else has quoted them biggrin.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:14 am 
treeswarper wrote:
I am alarmed at the logic being used to return "back to normal." On one web site, folks are saying no need for any precautions because they don't know anybody who got sick, therefore it doesn't exist. The other wide spread supporting reason for no precautions is that the hospitals did not fill up. I think we are doomed for one heck of a second round. 2 new cases found in the south county yesterday. We have health experts vs politicians/sheriff starting to go at it, as do other areas.
We were shut down, locked down, and had our rights severely curtailed on the basis of flattening the curve. Regardless of their modeling validity (barely above zero) the fact is that hospitals have not been overwhelmed here and the stated goal has been achieved. I think your claim concerning 'no precautions' is a position no one holds.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:35 am 
zephyr wrote:
Governor Cuomo expresses this eloquently and poignantly. ~z
. .
up.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat May 16, 2020 11:17 am 
^ yeah... well.... in a nutshell, there are those who are concerned with the "we", and there are those who live in their own little vacuums who are concerned only with the "me". pretty simple, really.... and not too difficult to figure out which is which. lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat May 16, 2020 1:10 pm 
This short video clip is of Governor Andrew Cuomo discussing the troubling implications of younger children's susceptibility to Kawasaki Disease from the Covid-19 infection. https://twitter.com/i/status/1261338457105928195 This is a Twitter post by Adam Handy, quote: Governor @NYGovCuomo speaking about #Covid19 Pims-TS (Kawasaki-like syndrome) and immunity, as a politician, parent & human. This video is via Twitter, if a copy comes up on YouTube I will re-post. ~z

Washakie

Washakie
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:12 pm 
Never thought I would see a Long John link in an outdoors forum. Thiis place is the best.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:24 pm 
longhair27 wrote:
Everyone needs to keep their Immune System UP daily
People with transplanted organs or that have various autoimmune diseases actually need to suppress their immune system to stay alive. They are especially vulnerable to serious problems from any kind of infection, cold, flu or COVID.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:43 pm 
I was out for a bike ride last night, around 8pm. Passed a house in the middle of a full blown rager! Appeared to be a keg, music blastin, people spilling out of the crowded house and into the front yard with keg cups and cigarettes. I thought I was hallucinating for more than a few seconds, but this was indeed real.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:57 pm 
Things just got more complicated. Seems like a problem with testing; ie, false negatives. Sailors on sidelined carrier get virus a second time And an update: Eight more sailgors aboard US ship test positive a second time

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:00 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
Things just got more complicated. Seems like a problem with testing; ie, false negatives. Sailors on sidelined carrier get virus a second time And an update: Eight more sailgors aboard US ship test positive a second time
There is now some data indicating that the reinfection cases are instead false positive test results. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html

graywolf

graywolf
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
If you remember Peter Attia's short video explaining sensitivity (positive test results) and specificity (negative test results), he makes the point that false negatives are much more dangerous. And now we're starting to see the results of poor test specificity. I can post a link to the video if folks want to see it.

The only easy day was yesterday...
graywolf

graywolf
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm 
Randito wrote:
There is now some data indicating that the reinfection cases are instead false positive test results. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html
Well, I guess that's not a surprise either. This whole cluster **ck of crappy and inadequate testing is not boding well for us.

The only easy day was yesterday...
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:19 pm 
Yet what we hear from the White House is either that everyone is being tested daily so all is under total control or other days and situations that tests don't matter. There is never a statement dealing with the reality, namely that these current tests have sometimes false results. The Abbot test has been shown to have a 15 to 48 % error rate. False negatives in other words. Take that fact and the possibilities as you will.

don't believe everything you think
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:28 pm 
Last statement i heard from the "white house" was something like: "Can't imagine having every fourth seat at a rally - every sixth seat - let me tell you - you see five seats empty for every other - every fourth seat full!! Every sixth seat empty for every two seats!! I can't imagine it!!!" I think it more or less translates to "I want to start doing rallies again."