Forum Index > Trail Talk > Why no Discover Pass refunds
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu May 21, 2020 1:35 pm 
The Summit extended season passes for a whole year after a crummy snow year a few years ago. The next year was epic with lifts at Alpy still open on Father’s Day. They gained a lot of good will that year. smile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm 
How about if the folks complaining about about the lack of Discover Pass partial refunds or extensions donate their $1200 CARES act payment to their local public hospital or food bank.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 21, 2020 1:53 pm 
wait. what? the cost of the Discover Pass in Washington State is $30.00 this is another one of those "joke" threads, right?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Gregory

Gregory
PostFri May 22, 2020 7:14 am 
Hey almighty ski. Take a drive around and take a look at the bushiness that are shuddering in order to allow you to live a a few more years why don't you. Thirty bucks puts some food on the table for there children and is a lot of money. what an ass.

neek

neek
PostFri May 22, 2020 7:50 am 
This thread was started almost a month ago. Not sure why it suddenly got revived. OP had the good sense not to follow up. Maybe everyone else will too.

xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostFri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm 
Gregory wrote:
Hey almighty ski. Take a drive around and take a look at the bushiness that are shuddering in order to allow you to live a a few more years why don't you. Thirty bucks puts some food on the table for there children and is a lot of money. what an ass.
Maybe Ski is aka Richie Rich and he shreds $20s, $50s and $100s to smoke with weed. Something we poor plebeians would never dream of doing.

mb

mb
PostFri May 22, 2020 8:28 pm 
It's $30 for a year. Let's say you lose 1/3 of a year of access due to closures. That's $10 of "loss". You probably saved more than that just on gas not consumed on trips to state lands during that 1/3 of a year. Of course non-monetary losses or gains exist, but that's outside of the question of a 'refund'.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri May 22, 2020 9:26 pm 
Nobody should pay for a Discover Pass. Earn it by volunteering.

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostFri May 22, 2020 9:32 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
The Summit extended season passes for a whole year after a crummy snow year a few years ago. The next year was epic with lifts at Alpy still open on Father’s Day. They gained a lot of good will that year. smile.gif
Fathers Day is in June, the latest Alpental been open to the public is Memorial weekend

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 22, 2020 9:54 pm 
Pretty sure it was 1999 and 1998 had been a snow drought it may have been a special opening

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
snoqpass

snoqpass
PostFri May 22, 2020 10:39 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Pretty sure it was 1999 and 1998 had been a snow drought it may have been a special opening
97-98 was361", 98-99 was 603", 99-00 was 427" not exactly drought years like 14-15 were we got 104" as far as the Fathers Day thing, I've been a pro patroller at Alpental since 94 there was one summer on fathers day the boss and myself did get some lift served skiing on some fine corn snow on that day but we weren't open for business I remember the looks from people that had skinned up as we unloaded but i can't recall ever being opened that late since I've worked there

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 22, 2020 11:01 pm 
The snowpack record for May 99 showed 26 inches at Hyak. I remember a few bare patches at the bottom. In 98 the snow had all melted well before May. Not sure about year though. All I know is it was after 88 (When my first daughter was born) and before 11 (When I worked in Canada) and I remember 15 when it was pouring rain all the way up at Whistler and they were giving out plastic ponchos smile.gif .