Forum Index > Trip Reports > Almost Got to the End of Ingalls Creek
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostWed May 27, 2020 11:20 am 
When deciding whether to do Ingalls Creek or Bean Basin, I was shocked to see reports that included both. My mind couldn't conceive how close the two areas actually are, but thankfully I already had a green trails map (from when we did the Enchantments years ago) and I am now OBSESSED with how it's all connected. Anyhow, too early for someone like me (I don't own an ice ax--not my thing) to attempt the high stuff, but it was a great trip even just making it to the snow. For pics and a full TR, click here http://slowesthiker.com/blog/completing-ingalls-creek-almost/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
FiresideChats

FiresideChats
PostThu May 28, 2020 11:04 pm 
Somehow, from the scattered clues, I perceive you bent the current rules to suit you. However, I have been considering when the pass would clear this year so the beta is helpful.

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostFri May 29, 2020 6:41 am 
FiresideChats wrote:
Somehow, from the scattered clues, I perceive you bent the current rules to suit you.
I did. I traveled just over 2 hours, so I wasn't within the close to home rule. But dispersed camping is allowed, and I believe hiking with a mask is only recommended. (I would have pulled down my buff if others had masks, but SO few did that I didn't bother.) And staying 6 feet apart while passing each other is just plain impossible! I honestly don't want to thumb my nose at rules, but sometimes they seem so arbitrary it makes it hard. (Hiking is open, but you can't park in the lot? It doesn't make sense to me.)