Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Internet Signal
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 4:10 pm 
I had Hughes net installed a couple of months ago at my place in Verlot and I lose my internet signal every time it rains, which is a major issue in Verlot since it rains about 120" per year. When the Tech guy installed it he said there was a very small window of reception and I might have to trim some vine maple trees when they leafed out (which I did) and there was also a big leaf maple across the street that might also be an issue, however I have no way to trim-top that one. I am thinking that the trees are not the issue and that it's the rain. I have spoken to the Tech guy but he had no ideas. I also spoke to a neighbor lady who also get's spotty reception, but not sure about the rain factor in her case. Likely I will just have to live with it, (at least for a year until the contract is up) and just be happy that I get a signal most of the time. Just one of the non caveats of living in the mountains. Anyone else have a similar issue? I would schedule a Tech guy to come out, but that's like $125 and might be a waste of time and money.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jaberwock

Jaberwock
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 5:36 pm 
Rain-fade is real, sounds like what you’re experiencing. You may be able to sign up for StarLink later this year.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 pm 
What I don't get is when I check my connection on my Chromebook or I-phone is say's I have a strong signal and yet it doesn't work. At least you guys know when it's not raining out here on the loop, probably won't be on here long, dark clouds on the horizon!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Jun 12, 2020 9:41 pm 
Do not know your setup but if you are receiving it from a wifi or Ethernet router to your device from the modem it will show a good signal even if internet signal is not getting through to modem.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn