Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Plan on visiting the Olympic Peninsula
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm 
You might want to review your bumper stickers etc. before driving through Squiem . Forks debacle Tom you can remove this if you think it is political. moderator note: leaving this thread up as informational, but locking for additional replies as inevitably drifts to politics.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 5:02 pm 
Of course it's political. It's an imaginary bogeyman for which any adult capable of critical thinking can easily identify both the source and the motivation for its creation. Stupid people and small children are easily frightened by imaginary monsters in the closet. (And Forks is quite a ways from Sequim, but meth and heroin use are fairly common in both areas, which could explain some of the activity.)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 8:20 pm 
There is a much more comprehensive story about this event at Peninsula Daily News. I am hoping that the local constabulary, at the urging of the Forks Chamber of Commerce, will expediently remedy the situation, as it is bad for business. Kalaloch Coastal Strip beaches (from South Beach to Ruby Beach) opened today, June 10th. No word as yet on north beaches (La Push, Rialto, etc.) No word yet on campgrounds ... do not believe Kalaloch CG is open yet.... I might head out there next week and see if I can get some more info.... Quinault North Shore Road is open, but North Fork CG is (if I understood conversation earlier today correctly) still closed. Didn't have time or opportunity to get a run-down on other roads/campgrounds, but something tells me things might loosen up Friday 06/19. (pers. comm. / phone / 06/10/20)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 11:20 pm 
I was hoping this was going to be about vampires and werewolves.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 am 
You mean people actually fell for that story about the couple being harassed in Forks? ykm.gif Forks is a tourist town, they dont chase people off just because they're a different race. Lots of Mexican immigrants there and they get busloads of foreign tourists too. Take your bumper stickers off before you go to Sequim? Are you kidding? Its full of old hippies from Seattle and is just as democrat. You sure are right about needing imaginary monsters to scare you.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 7:36 am 
Peninsula Daily News Article

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 8:39 am 
MyFootHurts wrote:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 am MyFootHurts wrote: You mean people actually fell for that story about the couple being harassed in Forks? ykm.gif
Huh? As far as I can tell the family in the school bus WAS harassed and menaced in Forks. I cannot find anything indicating that story was false. If you can show me it is false, I would be happy to hear it - I am not "rooting" for it to be true and would rather not have things like this occurring in Forks. But unfortunately the reality seems to be that the ones who "fell for the hoax" were the hillbillies who harassed, followed, and menaced them, and the hoax is that bus loads of blood thirsty, foaming at the mouth "antifa" members are being bussed to rural towns across america. That is simply not happening. I don't want to make a political statement here, just trying to get the facts right.

trestle

trestle
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 10:03 am 
MyFootHurts wrote:
You mean people actually fell for that story about the couple being harassed in Forks? ykm.gif Forks is a tourist town, they dont chase people off just because they're a different race. Lots of Mexican immigrants there and they get busloads of foreign tourists too. Take your bumper stickers off before you go to Sequim? Are you kidding? Its full of old hippies from Seattle and is just as democrat. You sure are right about needing imaginary monsters to scare you.
You couldn't be more wrong about Forks or Sequim. The incident was real, there is an ongoing investigation, and the sheriff announced that crimes were committed. And you can thank the gun store owner in Sequim for stirring it all up on social media by live streaming unfounded rumors and inviting gun-owners to protect "liberty." As for Sequim voting demographics, the majority of the retirees in this area are either former law enforcement or retired federal employees. Both groups are lily-white and neither are big supporters of social programs in the area. Same goes for the old-timers around here.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
catsp

catsp
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 10:38 am 
BigBrunyon wrote:
I don't want to make a political statement here, just trying to get the facts right.
Please delete this post and replace it with something in-character. Not a fan of breaking the fourth wall.