Forum Index > Trip Reports > Monument Creek (Methow) brushing and tread work June 25, 2019.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jake Robinson

Jake Robinson
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 10:06 am 
That trail kicked our butts a few years ago. Eureka Cr was a trivial ford by midsummer, but that 5000' gain up to Pistol Pass = not fun in the August heat (what were we thinking going up that thing in the middle of the afternoon?). The trail is in rough shape beyond Eureka Creek (downed logs, trail is gone in certain places, etc) but for the most part it still exists. I remember thinking it must have been quite a project to put that trail in and it was a shame to let it fall into disrepair. Thank you very much for your efforts to maintain the first section and possible future efforts to repair it all the way to Pistol Pass.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
KarlK

KarlK
PostFri Apr 10, 2020 11:58 am 
Jake, yeah the section from Eureka Creek to Pistol Pass is unforgiving in hot conditions. When I first did it in the early 2000s the experience devolved into a sufferfest, finally relieved by the cool cool waters of Lake of The Woods. The rest of the loop up Monument Creek, over Shellrock Pass to Fred's Lake and back to the truck via the Middle Fork / Robinson Pass trail was splendid despite the abundant deadfall on the Monument Creek section. It will be interesting to see what it's like in the wake of the recent wildfires.

Karl J Kaiyala
jdk610

jdk610
PostWed Jun 10, 2020 6:30 am 
Hi guys, I'd be very interested in helping revive this route/trail. Please count me in for future work.

Guiran

Guiran
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 6:02 am 
Same here.

MtnMike

MtnMike
PostThu Jun 11, 2020 11:28 am 
We plan to work this October across Eureka Cr if we can get through these challenging Covid times. PM me for info.

MtnMike