Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lk Kelcema
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm 
Was going Bat Sh-t crazy to get out side and walk. Needed to see if I could get up the Deer Creek road. Didn't look good after Granite, forgot the poncho oh no. Need a new trail pass, R-S closed oh well. Was wet to Silverton, lot's of die hard campers on river all the way up. Turned up DC road, let one small truck pass me, I hate being pushed. They stopped at the rig hanging over the edge, looked like the grading crew fixed that soft gravel are so I locked the hubs and up I went. I'm really surprised that thing is still there. It's been there for weeks. And I know why. Road is great to the top parking lot, tree's have been trimmed. I didn't want to get soaked in minutes so no Lake walk for me. I did stop in and see the upper St. L. Mine. Lot's of water flowing so no lower mine visit. Took the loop home Via Darrington. 300 cars parked for Lk 22, joke. Barlow looked like the Fair. Lines of cars/trucks coming from Darrington. But, was Great to be out. No pics, Flickr still don't like me. OH ya, snow at Lk Kelcema parking in the woods.

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jun 21, 2020 5:03 pm 
Glad that they fixed the road. I was up there about 3 weeks ago and still a lot of snow and the upper road wasn't brushed out. Btw, a trail pass is not required at this time due to the shutdown. Darrington RS recording states that and there is also a posting near the phone at Verlot SC, stating no pass required. Firewood cutting passes are also free at this time, you have to call, leave a message (Darrington RS) and wait for a call back. Lake 22 is like frikin' Disneyland, not sure what the attraction is, other than it's right off the highway so no potholed roads to deal with. The only reason I would hike it is for the "Eye Candy". eek.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostSun Jun 21, 2020 8:35 pm 
No pass OK, how long are we Free to wander about ? It's like skiing, so many new people doing it these days. I see they sell it at the DMV same $

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jun 21, 2020 9:46 pm 
I imagine that once the Ranger Stations open up they will begin requiring passes again.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.