Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lake Ingalls Loop Fail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm 
Thought we could do a clockwise loop and finish the section of Ingalls Creek we missed last time. Even though it didn't happen, the trip to the lake itself was fantastic. I felt a little over my head for sure, but that was what made it exciting of course. I'm thankful for the information on here that let me know the fugitive had been caught and it was clear to go. For the story and pics click here http://slowesthiker.com/blog/lake-ingalls/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm 
Oh my gosh! That was y'all up there! haha ~z

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 6:24 pm 
zephyr...were you the guy camping just below us?

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 7:26 pm 
I was on a day hike. I arrived at Ingalls Pass around 1:20 pm. I saw you all on the return from Lake Ingalls as you came back around Headlight Basin. You all had been to lunch and out exploring. We talked a bit at the pass and then I went toward the basin. I also saw you all in the parking lot at the TH on the return. I got down before you. I don't think you recognized me though when I said 'Welcome back'. Maybe because I had switched hat and shirt by then. I agree, finding that trail in the deep snow was a challenge. I had to get out my map a couple of times. My report is in the Lazy Trip Reports thread. wink.gif ~z

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSun Jun 21, 2020 8:09 am 
zephyr wrote:
I got down before you. I don't think you recognized me though when I said 'Welcome back
Ha ha, you're right, I didn't, but my friends filled me in. They were like, "how did he beat us?" We laughed because you said something about us being young when we talked at the top, but we are all in our 50's and obviously slow AF. Anyway, when you say you went to the basin, I thought that was the much lower area that you would have to go sort of straight across from the pass...at least that is what my map showed. There was NO trail down there that we could see. Did you actually go down there, or like to the side of it? Or am I just totally messed up? (Ha ha, wouldn't be the first time!)

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 am 
No. I didn't go far off the trail. I was in the upper basin on the rocks with the larches when that other hiker and her son came by. They went part way to the lake. I was probably headed down while you all were packing up still. The "young" comment was directed at your friend who didn't have traction, but managed not to slip. It was slippery out there in places. Nonetheless--as you will see in the coming years it's all relative and 50's will look "young" down the road. wink.gif ~z