Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 3:46 pm 
https://twitter.com/waEMD/status/1275556926055518208 OK by me. Edit: "The governor said the new mandate will go into effect on Friday, June 26 and will apply statewide." https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-inslee-announces-mandatory-face-mask-rule

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
graywolf

graywolf
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 5:31 pm 
I have no problem with this.

The only easy day was yesterday...
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 5:41 pm 
Sounds good. Now, if people can figure out how to wear them. And, I doubt that it will affect this area. Folks just don't care and I bet the cops will choose it as another law that they do not agree with so will not enforce.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 5:57 pm 
Life has imitated art. Now everyone will be wearing a "Bill Engvall" type sign. Folks that have the mask covering their mouth, but not their nose, or no mask , you'll know to avoid them and ignore anything they have to say.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 pm 
Good, I plan to be in Idaho and Montana.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 pm 
With all the stupidity going on--Lewis County folks have mobilized to defend the infamous Hamilton Farms sign at the moment, I think I'll throw the bike and dog in the truck tomorrow, hitch up the trailer and head for the hills. Gotta download some books.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 8:51 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Lewis County folks have mobilized to defend the infamous Hamilton Farms sign
As obnoxious as the Hamiton Farms sign typically is -- I think efforts to ban it or remove it are very misguided -- at best a waste of time and energy better expended elsewhere. At worst fufulling the stereotypes of leftists trying to enforce PC culture.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:13 am 
Randito wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Lewis County folks have mobilized to defend the infamous Hamilton Farms sign
As obnoxious as the Hamiton Farms sign typically is -- I think efforts to ban it or remove it are very misguided -- at best a waste of time and energy better expended elsewhere. At worst fufulling the stereotypes of leftists trying to enforce PC culture.
Yup, and it is on private land. It kind of has always set the tone for Lewis County. I think there was a demonstration there, but it's hard to separate rumor from fact on facebook.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:27 am 
So, I guess the mandate is for all public places. Well, arent the National Forest, and the National Parks, and State Lands all public places in Washington State? So that means, when we are walking on the trails with NOBODY around. You are performing something illegal while walking? How about cross country travel? What about boating on state waters?

Art is an adventure.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 am 
Joey, thanks for posting this. It's important for all of us to know the laws that apply to us. Everyone else, you're going to get this thread shut down because of the politics. The moderation team has been getting more and more exasperated with all of the political arguing here lately. We all enjoy being here, many of us get good info on trail conditions, many enjoy beautiful local photography, and a sense of community. The least we can do in return is not annoy the people running the show.

neek

neek
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:37 am 
Stefan wrote:
So, I guess the mandate is for all public places. Well, arent the National Forest, and the National Parks, and State Lands all public places in Washington State? So that means, when we are walking on the trails with NOBODY around. You are performing something illegal while walking? How about cross country travel? What about boating on state waters?
Let's not blow things out of proportion. "Effective June 26, a statewide order requires individuals to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces such as stores, offices and restaurants. The order also requires face coverings outdoors when you can't stay 6 feet apart from others." https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/you-and-your-family/face-masks-or-cloth-face-covering

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:42 am 
I think the biggest confusion from the selfish set is thinking that a mask is supposed to protect a healthy individual from being infected. It's not about that, it's a out reducing the spread from (unknowingly) infected individuals. Selfish people think "what's in it for me if wearing a mask doesn't protect me as an individual?"

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 11:08 am 
GH hiker is brainwashed. WA was once the virus leader, now we are way down the list, despite the fact that some people are too stupid and childish to do anything to help others. His or her post clearly violates the forum rule against posting idiotic partisan political nonsense. Can we please get this cretin banned? TIA.

GH_Hiker

GH_Hiker
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 11:28 am 
https://technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/ "One should not attack and insult those who have chosen not to wear a mask, as these studies suggest that is the wise choice to make."

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 11:53 am 
Gee... I wonder whose advice I should listen to... Anthony Fauci, who graduated first in his class at Cornell in 1966 and has served as the director for the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, or Russell Blaylock, MD, a hack who cranks out potboiler online articles for the lunatic fringe and insists that the Obama-era universal health care program was masterminded by extragovernmental groups that wish to impose euthanasia. This kind of stuff would be funny if it weren't so tragically pathetic.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."