Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:35 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
Kascadia wrote:
So the sheriffs are elected and the Wenatchee police chiefs are appointed by the sheriff of the county, do I have that right?
Yes, Sheriffs are elected officials. The Chief of Police is appointed by an elected official such as the Sheriff or mayor of the city.
The question was somewhat rhetorical (although I was perfectly happy to be corrected if the quick Google was incorrect). Those Wenatchee police officials are appointed by sheriff that is also on news release. Regardless, the point is obvious.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:38 pm 
I'd probably make the comparison to someone driving home intoxicated. You may not intend to kill or injure anyone but calling a cab would be the more responsible behavior. But you just don't care? Because you don't want to be inconvenienced? It's a really sad commentary on society.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:50 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
My reason is not complicated Tom, I don't wear a mask simply because I don't want to.
up.gif
The Sheriff's letter is pure political theater. Police officers aren't enforcing the mask directive anywhere. AFAIK The only time police have become involved is when a facility has a greeter at the entrance and informs a patron "no mask, no service" and a brawl ensued.

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 pm 
Tom wrote:
But you just don't care? Because you don't want to be inconvenienced?
Yes. I DO NOT CARE! Admit I am a narcissistic a-hole, but it is what it is. It's about me over everyone else.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
graywolf

graywolf
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 7:27 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
Yes. I DO NOT CARE! Admit I am a narcissistic a-hole, but it is what it is. It's about me over everyone else.
And there it is. Well, at least one of these folks is willing to show their true colors.

The only easy day was yesterday...
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 7:30 pm 
graywolf wrote:
And there it is. Well, at least one of these folks is willing to show their true colors.
100%.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:18 pm 
For me it goes a bit deeper than that, I see it as an infringement on my rights as an American. I know your answer to that is "It's not a big deal, it's just a mask". To that I respond with, "Give them an inch, and they will take a mile". I compare it to "Gun Control", our fear on the right is that if we open the door to more "legislation" (control) where will it end? Infringing on rights is progressive and happens in small chunks, pretty much like taxes, "just a small percentage more, it's not that much". Grams add up to ounces brothers.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:25 pm 
Is the speed limit an infringement of your rights, too?

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:40 pm 
Car 1 - Took a hairpin corner at 60 MPH wrecking into 3 vehicles behind the wood shop. Had my licence for 6 days. Car 2- May have been drove drunk multiple times. Car 3 - Same as car 2 Car 4 - Wrecked within a week of ownership Car 5 - Totalled on a fun night, but still don't really know what happened. Car 6 - Pending My rights lol.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm 
Two new Richards added to my ignore list I have nothing to say to people trying to kill me. Mostly they will just kill other conservatives but that is not all right with me either.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:07 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Two new Richards added to my ignore list I have nothing to say to people trying to kill me. Mostly they will just kill other conservatives but that is not all right with me either.
Hey everyone LOOK at me....I ignored a person while asking for attention from my post crybaby.gif I lean to the left on election night, so way to make a wrong assumption, but it's totally cool. "Trying to kill you"? bawl.gif rolleyes.gif clown.gif There isn't enough clown face emojis for that comment.

dave allyn

dave allyn
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:21 pm 
Another one to ignore.

altasnob

altasnob
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:22 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
For me it goes a bit deeper than that, I see it as an infringement on my rights as an American.
I respect your opinion, but just curious, is there ever a situation where you would support the government temporarily taking away a right that you currently enjoy? For instance, back in WWII, when the government ordered people to cover their windows at night, that was a right being taken away. Is that justified? When is it ok for the government to curtail a right and when is it not ok? A lot of people in this country agree with your stance so I am trying to understand the logic in it.

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm 
headrub.gif
dave allyn wrote:
Another one to ignore.
Bye Felicia. See ya at RRG moon.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:26 pm 
Independent of any order from any goverment official -- business owners certainly have the right to condition entry to their facility upon numerous conditions -- e.g. denying entry to obviously intoxicated persons, persons carrying weapons and whether a person is wearing a face covering. Two employers ago for me the company worked for adopted a no weapons on campus policy following a domestic voilence incident on campus. Gun enthusiasts were outraged, but were told they we were free to resign if they disliked the policy and they would be terminated immediatedly if they violated the policy -- even those with concealed carry permits.