Forum Index > Gear Talk > DO NOT GET A GARMIN INREACH. Mine does not work and there is NO Support!
Previous :: Next Topic  
rkjenner

rkjenner

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Iíve had both the larger Garmin inReach SE+ and the Mini. The SE was my first. It would occasionally have unresponsive buttons and not turn on when it was really cold. I contacted customer support and they were poised to send a new unit if I continued having trouble. An effective workaround was to turn it on while in the car and I had no more trouble. Alas, I drove off with the unit on the roof and never did find it. Around that time they released the Mini and I bought one. The Mini has been flawless.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock

One of the boys
PostMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm 
My inreach has lasted for many years while I went through a spot unit yearly, Spot is total garbage.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
dave allyn

dave allyn

PostTue May 26, 2020 7:36 am 
I had the Spot 2 for many years. Always worked fine. Changed batteries once a year. Recently purchased the new SpotX. So far it works well and seems sturdy and reliable. My previous good experience and some features  that the Inreach didn't have made it the right choice for me. I had some questions before I bought so I contacted them by phone. No waiting, very helpful. Monthly subscription costs are about the same but the Spot is less expensive to purchase.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
runup

runup

PostWed May 27, 2020 9:07 pm 
dave allyn wrote:
I had the Spot 2 for many years. Always worked fine. Changed batteries once a year. Recently purchased the new SpotX. So far it works well and seems sturdy and reliable. My previous good experience and some features  that the Inreach didn't have made it the right choice for me. I had some questions before I bought so I contacted them by phone. No waiting, very helpful. Monthly subscription costs are about the same but the Spot is less expensive to purchase.

Our extended familyís experience with Spot over the years is similar to yours Dave.  We presently have three and have had no problems with them.  The Spot X with integral key pad for ad hoc texting looks interesting.  Iím considering upgrading one of our units to give it a try.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
80skeys

80skeys

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 am 
DadFly wrote:
DO NOT GET A GARMIN INREACH. Mine does not work and there is NO Support!

i normally don't look through the Gear threads, so just seeing this for the first time.

I disagree totally. I have an Inreach that I use every summer and it's always worked perfectly. Never had any issues.

Last year I was car camping with my friend from Alaska. He had never used one before. I let him use it at night to communicate with his girlfriend and he was super impressed.

I consider it a highly useful and valuable piece of equipment. in fact it's one of my favorite gear purchases of all time.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > DO NOT GET A GARMIN INREACH. Mine does not work and there is NO Support!
  Happy Birthday Sore Feet, Kerry, cmurph, Marek99!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: