Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 am 
Is all freedom OK, our just your freedom?

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 am 
The problem is the mask does not protect you as much as it protects others.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 5:11 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
The problem is the mask does not protect you as much as it protects others.
This was a major wrong turn by the various science guys and the major players and stakeholders and whatnot type figureheads running the game early on!!!!! Should lied and said masks protect YOU!!! No one cares about anyone cept themselves. C'mon now!!

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
Should lied and said masks protect YOU!!! No one cares about anyone cept themselves. C'mon now!!
For myself this would not make a difference to my current behavioral pattern. Observations of the day: Less people at work following mask mandate More compliance at the local grocer. Guess would be 65% Bar now has a sign explaining the mandate of masks on the door. 1/50+ guests with said mask. No bartender w/ mask in sight Restaurant - all with masks....on the chin, hanging off 1 ear, or not covering the nose. Myself - no mask to date.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
For myself this would not make a difference to my current behavioral pattern. Observations of the day: Less people at work following mask mandate More compliance at the local grocer. Guess would be 65% Bar now has a sign explaining the mandate of masks on the door. 1/50+ guests with said mask. No bartender w/ mask in sight Restaurant - all with masks....on the chin, hanging off 1 ear, or not covering the nose. Myself - no mask to date.
Chelan county has has only 325 confirmed cases so far vs 10,019 in King county. 420 cases per 100,000 population in Chelan County 444 cases per 100,000 population in King County 2574 cases per 100,000 population in New York City. So sure go ahead and gather in large groups drink beer and sing and see how it works out.

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm 
Randito wrote:
420 cases per 100,000 population in Chelan County 444 cases per 100,000 population in King County 2574 cases per 100,000 population in New York City. So sure go ahead and gather in large groups drink beer and sing and see how it works out.
If people are concerned quit having the hoards from the west side head over to Leavenworth & Lake Chelan. The towns are packed with tourists "Gathering in large groups, drinking beer, and singing". Not that I give a sh##, but aware the locals have some real concern there.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 10:24 pm 
rocknclimb wrote:
If people are concerned quit having the hoards from the west side head over to Leavenworth & Lake Chelan. The towns are packed with tourists "Gathering in large groups, drinking beer, and singing". Not that I give a sh##, but aware the locals have some real concern there.
Well the westside hordes traveling to Leavenworth and eateries opening up are part of the reopening plan, part of that plan is also wearing face coverings to reduce the person to person spread of droplets. Of course if everyone in the name of Freedum decides to skip face coverings and other measures, we all be back in lockdown mode and Chelan county will be seeing thousands of cases instead of a few hundred.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 pm 
Was in Safeway today. Guy with bluetooth earpiece blabbing loudly on phone with no mask. Kind of a pet peeve when people think they need to broadcast their personal conversation to all, but multiplied by lack of regard for others by not wearing a mask. I glared at him making eye contact and pointed to my mask. To my surprise he responded apologetically, walked out of the store, came back in and waved in my direction. I gave him a thumbs up.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 am 
Time to develop the first anechoic face mask.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 am 
Pyrites wrote:
Time to develop the first anechoic face mask.
I'll have to look that up. I did and I think I have that. The bungee facemasks are three layers which make them extra claustrophobic and warm. But, you could start making quilted facemasks which would deaden sound even more. The sound deadening feature makes it easier for us to curse whilst encountering The Stupid in the store, or when products on that unreachable top shelf come tumbling down during a reaching attempt.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 am 
Thank you , Treeswarper, for being my SNL equivalent of therapy. lol.gif I really enjoy your posts. The Stupid feel the need to tell us how stupid they are . The Stupid need to be ignored as they will never change, not even when their actions are against their own self interest.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 10:59 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
This "Mandate" cannot and will not be enforced
I'm glad we agree speed limits on the Mountain Loop Highway aren't "mandatory." You should drive as fast as you can there. Everybody should attend up for their freedom to do 100 mph through Verlot.

neek

neek
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am 
I don't think the intent is to strictly enforce it, but to reduce the amount of irresponsible behavior. Every bit helps. I'm all for healthy skepticism of authority (there is plenty to be angry about), but in the case of masks it seems misplaced. Also, calling people stupid isn't necessarily helpful or even accurate. They are infected by a different type of virus--a mind virus--and deserve the same sort of compassion we would show to any victim.

Jake Robinson

Jake Robinson
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm 
Anecdotal oberservation driving through rural areas of OR and WA over the past few days: very few people wearing masks. How did this become such a contentious issue here? When people use public restrooms, don't most of them wash their hands afterwards (at least I hope so)? It's a basic hygiene measure that protects the health of you and those around you. How is wearing a mask in crowded areas during a pandemic any different? Last time I checked washing your hands after you poop wasn't seen as some display of weakness, but this is the sentiment I have seen expressed towards mask-wearers. It confuses me.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 30, 2020 12:34 pm 
Removed a few overtly political comments. Just a reminder to check political taunts at the door.