Forum Index > Trail Talk > Been Buzzed?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
aoa.images
Photographer.

aoa.images
Photographer.
PostFri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm 
The Rimrock Lake area is always a great chokepoint for the jets to fly through. Most do when entering the route.

I like jets.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 1:56 am 
6-26/Friday Probably a Growler exiting one of their favorite training runs south side Glacier Peak then screaming down the Suiattle River valley as they head for home on Whidbey. PS: Whitechuck and Suiattle Rivers kicked up the Sauk over 10,000 cfs lately.

Brucester

Brucester
PostThu Jul 09, 2020 10:23 pm 
At Snoqualmie Pass yesterday. up.gif
288 (2)
288 (2)
293 (2)
293 (2)

aoa.images
Photographer.

aoa.images
Photographer.
PostTue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 am 
Any more info on where they entered/exited the pass from? Love hunting for these things but I live a long ways out and am frequently busy so any opportunity I get to shoot these birds is ideally time well spent.

I like jets.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 am 
Sort of off topic but while walking from Fort Ebby to Ebbys landing we saw a Zumwalt class destroyer going from Everett to Indian Island. Interesting looking boat looks almost like a sub. Bit of a boondoggle only 3 built at a cost of over $7 billion apiece.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 pm 
I hiked Maple Pass Loop three or four weekends ago. When heading up the trail clockwise and you gain the ridge you get pretty good views down at Rainy lake and the valley that the highway runs through. We watched someone flying a personal airplane through the valley and it was so cool. They were about 50 feet below us and 200 feet to the left. I dream of flying one day. I should start working on my pilots license before I let more life slip away from me.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Nov 25, 2020 1:24 am 
Got buzzed a bunch of times on a hike up Shovel Creek and over to Venus & Spade. Unfortunately I wasn't able to grab my camera fast enough to capture the closest approach by one of the Growlers but managed a couple of decent shots anyway. The transports went up the Shovel Creek valley the day we were exiting via Spade Lake. Wish I'd been in the next valley over!

timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Nov 25, 2020 6:55 am 
I got buzzed in the same area when heading down from the Hinman/Daniel Pass on my way to Venus then down to Shovel. They blew thru that area so fast I couldn't hope to get a picture

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 am 
If you want the real action, you wait for night touch and go's at OLF. Park on Keystone Hill, near the DOT buildings. Bring ear protection. Feel like you are 10 again. I lived under the NAS Whidbey flight zone for 14 years or so.....I've seen every plane you can imagine, as they all flew in relatively the same path, right over my house. I've seen so many on hikes - from the North Cascades to near Rainier. Midday weekday hiking pays off.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostSat Dec 05, 2020 7:57 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
Got buzzed a bunch of times on a hike up Shovel Creek and over to Venus & Spade. Unfortunately I wasn't able to grab my camera fast enough to capture the closest approach by one of the Growlers but managed a couple of decent shots anyway. The transports went up the Shovel Creek valley the day we were exiting via Spade Lake. Wish I'd been in the next valley over!
I was camped at Spade for two nights the first week of August. I've seen a lot of jets in the mountains but this place is definitely a hot spot. The second day was clear skies so they were all out. I think I saw about 15 military jet that day. Several of them went through the gap between Hinman and Daniel. Search VR 1355 on YouTube and you might find a video of them flying over that specific area. I think at about the 3 minute mark he shoots the gap between Hinman and Daniel in this video.
Spade Lake C-17's
Spade Lake C-17's

mike

mike
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 10:49 am 
sarbar wrote:
I lived under the NAS Whidbey flight zone for 14 years or so.....
We used to sit on the beach at the end of Banta Rd. right under the landing lights

mike

mike
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 7:16 pm 
This is not the only place that gets buzzed. It's worse here.
Cairngorms NP
Cairngorms NP

Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Jul 25, 2021 9:49 am 
On last Thursday evening (7/22/21) at around 5:30ish while driving i90 west past Cabin Creek I heard a very loud noise. I first thought I blew out a tire, but then realized the noise was from above. Something flying low and hot. Both thrilling and frustrating because I saw nothing.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jul 25, 2021 10:08 am 
Last weekend a pair of jets went screaming over Labyrinth Mtn. not very far above us. We weren't quite at the top yet. I wasn't even close to quick enough with the camera to get a picture. I've seen/heard them a bunch of times in the vicinity of Lake Wenatchee.

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostSun Jul 25, 2021 4:29 pm 
Typically they fly over Lake Keechelus then turn to the north up Gold Creek valley and up and over Mt Chikiman