Forum Index > Trip Reports > Chikamin Peak 7/18-19/20
Previous :: Next Topic  
kloria

kloria

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 9:18 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bosterson wrote:
Nice! It's nuts to see so much snow piled up on Glacier Lake at this time in the year - when I went in June 2015 (a crazy dry year), there was zero snow anywhere!

Cool to see, thanks for sharing. It's definitely nice to see the lingering snow. It also kept about 8 people off the route to Chikamin and/or down to Glacier Lake.

timberghost wrote:
Nice trip did you go swimming

Not this time around. Was contemplating a plunge with the icebergs at the no name lake though.

neek wrote:
this is really cool full size.

I spent an extended period of time staring at the spidery cracks in the ice.

pipedream wrote:
Somebody really ought to ski that couloir skier's right of the Four Brothers down to Glacier Lake biggrin.gif

Bold idea and definitely doable. You could take it all the way to the lake for a "pond" skim.

cascadetraverser wrote:
My brother Glenn (Glenoid wink.gif ) and I climbed this one when I was a teen ager in the `70s and it looks just about the same.  Thanks for the memories and its nice to see a post from there.

Glad I could jog some memories! Cool thing to be doing in your teens. I was too busy picking my favorite song for my Myspace page.

Jeff wrote:
Where is Chikamin Pass? I don't see it on any maps.

I was referring to the pass you go over right when you leave the PCT and dip into the Gold Creek drainage.

awilsondc wrote:
Kyle!!!  Killer photos my man, nice job!  This is such a great area, glad you got to spend a couple days up there.  Something is missing from your report though.  No mention of killer blood thirsty hordes of mosquitoes?!  Must not have been that traumatic...  lol.gif

Thanks Aaron! The skeeters have left me with a twitch like flick of my right hand. I figure it best to try and not think about them.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
geyer

geyer

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 9:29 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
kloria wrote:
Glad I could jog some memories! Cool thing to be doing in your teens. I was too busy picking my favorite song for my Myspace page.

Dont forget about making  rocker.gif  radical  rocker.gif  park rat ski videos
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Chikamin Peak 7/18-19/20
Jump to:   
Search this topic: