Forum Index > Trip Reports > Grand Park by the back door (and lost glasses)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostMon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 am 
Flowers are blooming, skeeters are buzzin', and Grand Park is grand as ever. Nice way to enjoy good views without hordes of people. I went for the late start today (3p) and saw less than two dozen on the trail. Not bad for a National Park.
The bummer is that somewhere along the way my glasses case fell out of my pack. It's a long shot, but if anyone goes to Grand Park by the back door and comes across a black, hard glasses case with a pair of grey tortoise shell frames inside, I sure would love it if you picked them up for me. I really liked those frames.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
stever

stever
PostMon Jul 27, 2020 9:22 am 
Hi Gwen, I'm headed up there later this week. Any idea what part of the trail you lost the glasses at? I'll keep an eye out for them. SR

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostMon Jul 27, 2020 1:13 pm 
Hey Stever - Thanks so much for offering to keep an eye out for them. There were 3 places I stopped and opened my pack. 1) At the stream crossing with the log bridge in the forest (cross the bridge then turn right and immediately drop down to the creek). 2) At my snack spot near the south end of Grand Park, about 0.25 mile from the jct with the Northern Loop. There's a dried up water course that you cross - I trended left maybe 75-100 feet to a bit of a benchy area where I could sit and snack. 3) The most likely spot is the spot I can't remember (of course), when I stopped early on to apply bug dope. Maybe it's where I also took pics of the avy lilies, between the first meadow and Grand Park. If in there, they would be on the left (as you're headed up) and would be right near the trail (didn't even step off, just out my pack down on the side). It's a pretty big, clunky, hard glasses case, but if course it's black, so harder to see. Again, thanks for the effort!

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin