Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostWed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Meanwhile, in Brewster, county says it is good, state disagrees. Gebbers brings a couple of school bus loads of workers to the Omak Walmart every week. Gebbers Farms
To illustrate TW’s post and the Times article, further.... I talked Tuesday with a friend who’s a nurse at the small Brewster hospital. After the recent spike in cases, the hospital, in conjunction with other local health providers, offered to test all of Gebbers workforce - several thousand according to the Times article. My friend said the response was ‘we have 2 more weeks of cherries to pick, maybe after that’. Crunching numbers, Okanogan County is now one of the ‘worst’ in the US per capita- passed only by a few counties in TX and SC. Thankfully, the Methow is doing well, we have picked up 1 case recently....after being at just 4 for months. I put this down to careful behavior on the part of most here; mask use at local stores appears to be running 90-95%++

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm 
This valley is into freedumb by golly. But yesterday's count is down quite a bit. Stay tuned... Everybody is pretty much masked up here also, but they don't know much about the human respiratory system. Half the people in Safeway were not covering their nose. One of their checkout clerks wears her mask in that style. I've also seen a few folks who apparently breathe through their chin. Then they rant about the governor and don't see why we can't do whatever we want to do because the virus is a hoax.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 pm 
Around 3/4 people put masks on temporarily to go by anyone on the trail, at least on the west side.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 6:43 am 
here the proper use of the mask is about 50-40 with the others being top of head,chin or none. store signage declares mask use and most clerks use them properly. however that being said et all,,,, as I have posted prior, we skated along for quite awhile before finally getting our first positive case. the case count continues to rise and the gov is stepping in again to try and close back down,,,,again....that is gonna work like floating rocks....as to hoax welllllll!

altasnob

altasnob
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 8:23 am 
From Herman Cain's, who passed today of COVID, wiki page: Cain praised South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem for not requiring masks at an upcoming Trump campaign event, saying "Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am 
Shonam Smith and Eliza Relman, reporting for Business Insider about Herman Cain's tweet cited just above by nwhikers member altasnob wrote:
The tweet was deleted after Cain's death.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
altasnob

altasnob
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 am 
With 154,000 innocent people dead and counting it's hard to feel sympathy for the deaths or prominent people/politicians who are actively encouraging people to not wear masks.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 10:24 am 
sympathy? NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 10:24 am 
Here's a recent article in The Atlantic on the need to look at ventilation in indoor spaces in light of the developing science on aerosol transmission. It's rather long, but readable. We need to start opening more windows and/or using HEPA filters or units in indoor settings. The author talks about schools and work settings. One thing I noted was a mention of how that these days we often see rooms filled with people wearing masks and the speaker is unmasked. Actually per this article the speaker is the most important person to be masked in that situation. The speaker is the one most likely to generate aerosols that can spread throughout the room and possibly get through the masks of the listeners--in their opinion. I should think as the science improves there will be concerted efforts to design masks for speakers. ~z Note: The Atlantic is a pay-walled site. But you get 5 free articles a month.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 3:20 pm 
I have asked folks (repeatedly) to check politics at the door and keep this thread free of the noise, but unfortunately this (and the humor thread) continue to accumulate veiled (and unveiled) politics. Time to lock this up. I'm sure some will object, but at the end of the day this is a hiking site, not a place to come for covid info or updates.