Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Blanca Lk p'lot expansion scoping letter
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 3:26 pm 
Link here. Combined with Heybrook Ridge work, they are Scoping re: Blanca Lk trail work, camping closure area expansion, and expanding the parking lot.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am 
Expanding the parking lot is definitely a good idea.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm 
Kim, Thanks for posting the link to the scoping docs. Same day of issue, too! Is there some kind of master email list one can get on to receive stuff like this? One thing that leaps out from the Blanca Lake scoping docs is that they would allow fires around Virgin Lake. That should be changed. Forest fire hazards aside, given the amount of use the area is getting, there would soon be little deadfall left to use. I haven't been to Blanca in years; it used to be my sekrit foraging area for ... uh, nevermind! The last time I was out there for 8 hrs in the rain on a weekday, didn't see a soul. Those were the days ... wub.gif The place sounds almost like Lake 22 now.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 4:25 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
Is there some kind of master email list one can get on to receive stuff like this?
YES. I am on mailing lists for several National Forests: GPNF, MBSNF, OWNF, and a couple others. National Parks are all on separate mailing lists (ONP, MRNP, NCNP) DNR has a mailing list WDFW has a mailing list Easily found either digging around on their websites or calling them on the phone.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 5:08 pm 
The webpage for the project has a link for update to the project. But that's probably just this project. I've been on the listserv so long don't recall how I got on it. Go to the MBSNF site and click on Land and Resources Management, Projects and SOPA (Schedule of Proposed Actions) and see if there's a link there. SOPA's are published monthly. Or call one of the ranger stations and see how to get in the list. Actually, I think that is how I did it, now that I think about it....

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
One thing that leaps out from the Blanca Lake scoping docs is that they would allow fires around Virgin Lake. That should be changed
They're scoping the public for comments so they can develop Alternative to choose from. Make your comment, to be heard!

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 7:08 pm 
Thanks again, Kim. up.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 pm 
Parking lots are deforestation. For those of you who are against logging and "extraction", you really ought to be against parking lot expansion. In fact, you should push for restoring parking lots to old growth forest. Just pointing out the irony of it all.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm 
Chrissie Hynde wrote:
All my favorite places My city had been pulled down Reduced to parking spaces A, o, way to go Ohio

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Aug 03, 2020 12:44 pm 
Here is my comment on the Scoping.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
One thing that leaps out from the Blanca Lake scoping docs is that they would allow fires around Virgin Lake. That should be changed.
I just sent an email to Tom Davis asking about the rationale behind that.