Forum Index > Trail Talk > Mount Dickerman hikes - Looking to join a group doing it
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wickstad

wickstad
PostSun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Ok, but for sure you are more likely to see a Republican hiking Dickerman while wearing a mask than you are of seeing a bear.
Or have your car window smashed out.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostSun Aug 09, 2020 4:03 pm 
with all the bears here on nwhikers baabamaal must have gone hiking... safer out there--how was it? and it's true, you never know where they may show up... saw one happily munching away on what looked to be blueberry flowers a few weeks ago up on Defiance (the blueberry plants still flowering at the time). So I tried one too, a flower, and they're quite good--sweet, literally, with hints of the berry yet to come. Bears will teach you things like that.

baabamaal

baabamaal
PostSun Aug 09, 2020 9:59 pm 
Thanks y’all for the responses about bears. While I couldn’t make it to Dickerman on Saturday due to rain and overcast weather, I chose to do Lake Serene and Bridal Veils falls today. Hike was terrific. My first time there. Lake Serene was an unrelenting climb but very glad I checked that. Thankfully no bears sighted. I’ll aim for Dickerman next week perhaps. Thanks again

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Aug 10, 2020 12:57 am 
One thing to remember is that in case of nearly every bear, they Are more afraid of you than you of them. PM me if you plan to hike dickerman, if I can and you want company, I could possibly join you.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.