Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Kraus Ridge Final Environmental Assessment 08/17/20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Aug 17, 2020 5:50 pm 
Monday August 17, 2020 15:12 PDT I am excited to announce I have issued a decision on the Kraus Ridge Environmental Assessment. The Decision Notice is the culmination of multiple years of hard work by the Interdisciplinary Team, our cooperating agencies and with the input of interested members of the public including the Pinchot Partners. The decision will allow us to begin implementation on projects that will provide economic benefits to local and regional communities by improving Forest roads, providing forest products, enhancing recreation, and allowing a variety of restoration projects such as habitat and stream improvements. Through implementation of the Kraus Ridge EA we will work to restore and enhance the quality of the both the human environment and our natural communities. The final Environmental Assessment and Decision Notice are available online: https://www.fs.usda.gov/projects/giffordpinchot/landmanagement/projects. Thank you for your interest in the management of our national forests. Nikia Hernandez, Cowlitz Valley District Ranger Gifford Pinchot National Forest -USFS-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Aug 17, 2020 9:57 pm 
I'll have to take a look at that. There is the Kraus Ridge Trail in case anyone wondered. It's a good winter trail sometimes when the snow level has stayed higher. As you can see by the last photo, it wouldn't hurt to do some FORESTRY in the plantations.
A big Doug fir.
A big Doug fir.
Trail in the flats.
Trail in the flats.
The trail goes through a plantation.
The trail goes through a plantation.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Aug 18, 2020 12:16 am 
The N end of the Kraus Ridge trail is good place to see cedars that bear evidence of long past bark harvesting. The differences in healing are considerable tree to tree. Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am 
treeswarper wrote:
There is the Kraus Ridge Trail in case anyone wondered. It's a good winter trail sometimes when the snow level has stayed higher.
It's a great winter trail because it's just low enough that you can drive to the trailhead if the snowpack isn't too deep. Those who hike up to the top will note that the trees are blackened only on the downhill side - the result of a long-ago wildfire - but were not killed because the fire raced up the side of the ridge so quickly. (pers. comm. B. Rose) Winter views are somewhat limited in crappy wet snowy weather, but you can get a bird's eye view of the Cispus Work Center from a ledge at the top.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."