Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Oregon State Parks to add out-of-state camping surcharge for remainder of 2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bullfrog

bullfrog
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 3:50 pm 
Other states have been charging more for non-residents use of state parks for years. Since state taxpayer revenue goes to maintain Oregon's parks, residents are already "paying" for them. So why not charge out-of-state residents more to use the parks, since they are not subsidizing them in the first place?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 pm 
bullfrog wrote:
Other states have been charging more for non-residents use of state parks for years. Since state taxpayer revenue goes to maintain Oregon's parks, residents are already "paying" for them. So why not charge out-of-state residents more to use the parks, since they are not subsidizing them in the first place?
It's a simple answer--because I don't want them to.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Aug 21, 2020 9:44 pm 
Washington State charges out-of-state residents way more for hunting licenses and fishing licenses, so why not charge out-of-state residents way more for camping permits? Sounds reasonable to me, especially if out-of-state visitors are overwhelming their campgrounds.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Aug 22, 2020 6:40 am 
Ski wrote:
Washington State charges out-of-state residents way more for hunting licenses and fishing licenses, so why not charge out-of-state residents way more for camping permits? Sounds reasonable to me, especially if out-of-state visitors are overwhelming their campgrounds.
Because they charge way more than they used to for residents. I try to avoid state parks now because they are so spendy. They are right up there with RV Parks costs, or more. Plus there's the whole reservation thing that ruins the spontaneity of just going somewhere. There are a lot more people than just me who seem to be quite happy with the prices.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities