Forum Index > Trip Reports > Throne room of the mountain gods (Karakorams, July 2013)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hopeRays

hopeRays
PostWed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 pm 
elton wrote:
GaliWalker! Thanks a bunch for your timely help here! I booked insurance and trek with same companies you did with; RoamRight Insurance's Adventure Package for K2 Gondogoro La trek with Vertical Explorers Treks & Tours Pakistan! Looks everything promising!Cant wait to be there in July.
elton! we are going to K2 Gondogoro La trek in June 2018. How was your experience with Vertical Explorers Treks & Tours and what is your advice here? would you recommend them? thanks rolleyes.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
elton

elton
PostWed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 pm 
We went in early July with Vertical Explorers Treks & Tours and I absolutely loved it - the views, the weather and even the challenges. It is bit harder than EBC and supposedly offers better views. The people are the friendliest on earth. And the views of the highest mountains on earth are breathtaking. My guide, Hussain and porters were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. I would recommend this trip to anyone who enjoys walking and can appreciate the beauty and culture. My tips - take your time and acclimatize properly - book with a local comany and save more than half a western company's price for the same kind of services. If you plan to go for a trekking I highly recommend booking with Vertical Explorers, you will get fabulous value for money.

destina

destina
PostTue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm 
We want this trek, but would like opinion on which is better- the K2 BC or Gondogoro la trek? would like opinion on which one is better?

elton

elton
PostWed Mar 07, 2018 7:17 pm 
depends upon fitness, weather pass condition. Gondogoro la is difficult whereas K2 bc has no difficulty.

destina

destina
PostSat May 05, 2018 8:42 am 
Thanks for your reply, After a lot of research we are booked with Vertical Explorers for this trek starting on July 5th. http://www.vepakistan.com/itinerary.php?id=3 seems very spectacular to go base camps of all 8000m mountains there.

luv2travel

luv2travel
PostFri May 18, 2018 10:52 pm 
Thanks for sharing your super pictures and experience. yet to make plan to K2, heading Snow lake Hispar La in July - super excited.

airduke

airduke
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 1:32 am 
Thanks Galiwalker. Nice report. I love your tone; I admire your sensible and modest report.

omie

omie
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 8:05 pm 
thinking this trek in May next year, folks advice is appreciated.

destina

destina
PostThu Jan 31, 2019 11:51 pm 
May is too early to cross the pass.I if you like to cross the pass)

luv2travel

luv2travel
PostWed Apr 24, 2019 4:12 am 
start after mid june from Skardu, from Askole it would be gradual and easy to the pass.

maryusky

maryusky
PostFri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 pm 
Any update from trekkers is appreciated. I am looking for this trek next year.

Yolo

Yolo
PostMon Feb 03, 2020 11:21 pm 
Got back from K2 Base Camp trek last Sep, and had a really great experience with Vertical Explorers. They have the cheapest options too, and we opted for it. so you never know what you're going to get, but we couldn't have been happier. Our guides were fantastic through every step of the process. I was slightly nervous about the bank transfer for the deposit as you have no assurances but Mobin was reliable at replying to emails and confirming arrival of funds and that was reassuring. The equipment was great - no leaks and in good condition. sleeping mats were provided, so with our thermarests on top we were really comfortable. The service was great and the food (judging by other groups) above average too.we would never consider taking a standard cooking gas bottle up a mountain or fresh food for every meal but this is how they do it in Karakoram and you just have to go with it. Tipping - decide roughly what you plan to tip your team before you leave. They prefer you distribute the tip yourself so we took enough envelopes for everyone. We tipped in USD $5-7 per day per porter a bit more for waiter, $10 for cook, $12-15 for assistant guide and $20 for guide. I definitely wholeheartedly recommend Vertical Explorers - we couldn't have asked for anything more. Once in a lifetime experience!

qraz

qraz
PostSun Aug 23, 2020 4:37 am 
How is the situation this year, any information is appreciated.

sabeeha

sabeeha
PostWed Mar 10, 2021 4:56 am 
thanks for sharing TR, Is it open to casual visitors and any quarantine requirement there.

ibnbatoot

ibnbatoot
PostSat Nov 13, 2021 12:12 am 
Thank you for posting this, Galiwalker!. Very much enjoying the photos,Lovely photos. Keep ‘em coming. more pictures followed here https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8034549